Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 1:02 PM

TdotDoba:

jacktrade51:

1.  Reporting results:  Do the players report them here (which would really clutter up this forum) or does the captain collect them and report them through email?

2.  Match play:  Do we play it to conclusion and the OT counts, or is it a tie if tied after 18 holes?  (I would want to play to conclusion anyway to collect the xp points.)

3.  Stableford:  I know what that is, but what is the exact scoring for par, birdie, etc.?  Also, I know of no way to do that through WGT, so I assume the 2 opponents have to keep track of it themselves.

Thanks, Tom.

1 = yes you post them here and a crack team of forum moles transfers the results to the main sheets, link found on page 1 "Groups"... tab at bottom of the sheet will say "Fixtures/Results" and yes gets crowded over 200 pages last year, we encourage both players to report the results because we want you to share how it went, how you liked it and share with the others, it is what makes this tournament so fun. Meet folk and have some fun, share it with others.

2= during the group stages, so the first 3 games, 8 players a team, you play to 18 for points, if it is A/S after you have played 18 you both get points, less then an all out win, but points.Feel free to play it to completion for forum bragging rights but officially it ends in a tie... in the knockout stages it will be 9 players a side and you play it until someone wins, so after 18 your into  sudden death.

3. yep the way we do it, our stableford is a stroke by another name, but it is fun and we like it and after some disscussion .. we decided to keep it for at least this year.

Cheers,

Dotty

ditto to what dot says,it all about fun and a bit banter along the way,stableford is good because its not but like strokeplay but you have to have pen and paper to write scores down,it can make a difference if bogeys come into play and as there was three formats it fits in very easily, ]

will give more information and concessions as we get close to starting.

finny

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 1:27 PM

Apologies for the late (and possibly incomplete) squad submission from the Las Vegas Knights, but we only joined the competition on the morning of the draw so it's been a bit of a scramble!

Here are the players we have in our squad as of right now. The first 9 names are confirmed and the next three may end up not competing, I just didn't want to wait longer until submitting a squad as we are already the last to do so. There may be some last-minute additions or edits over the next couple of days, in which case I shall immediately post changes here.

Thanks everyone!

Nigel.

Update: edited to add PARfectly to the squad.

Update 2 (Feb 18): edited to add Cajunrebel to the squad.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 1:56 PM

jacktrade51:
    3.  Stableford:  I know what that is, but what is the exact scoring for par, birdie, etc.?  Also, I know of no way to do that through WGT, so I assume the 2 opponents have to keep track of it themselves.

I think it's 3 for an eagle, 2 pts for birdie and 1 for a par.  As has been said it is like stroke play unless someone has a double bogie or worse.  I don't think better than eagle has come up so far.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 1:59 PM
    Please add WickedWoman to our list of players TL 58'6 -------------------------thank YOU
  • jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 6:34 PM

PAULFINN52:
    3. yep the way we do it, our stableford is a stroke by another name, but it is fun and we like it and after some disscussion .. we decided to keep it for at least this year.

Got the answers to first 2 questions and ty all

On Stableford I am not clear.  What is the scoring? 

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:47 PM

jacktrade51:

PAULFINN52:

Got the answers to first 2 questions and ty all

On Stableford I am not clear.  What is the scoring? 

ditto to what dot says,it all about fun and a bit banter along the way,stableford is good because its not but like strokeplay but you have to have pen and paper to write scores down,it can make a difference if bogeys come into play and as there was three formats it fits in very easily, ]

will give more information and concessions as we get close to starting.

finny

Sorry Jack, should have put this part into my answer to you. As above, finny will let us know closer to the starting date. I hasn't been decided yet on scoring.

Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:55 PM

Lisa03:
    Please add WickedWoman to our list of players TL 58'6 -------------------------thank YOU

Done, cheers Lisa

• jacktrade51
    10,901 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:59 PM

One other stupid question.  Since I am perfectly able to put both of you 2 into email, should I just send to both?  I am assuming both.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 6:02 AM

yo tom

i have updated the rules file on page 1 with the stableford scoring

here it is anywaY

bogey = 1 point

par = 2 points

birdie = 3 points

eagle = 4 points

d/eagle = 5 points

i have also put a a link to a file for the captains,this explains what i want from you during this world cup,

as to sending squads me or dots will accept them but he has requested more duties so send them to him lol,

onky joking dot either will do 

any players not sure about anything please ask the question,i want everyone happy and ready to go MARCH 1ST 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 6:46 AM

PAULFINN52:

yo tom

i have updated the rules file on page 1 with the stableford scoring

here it is anywaY

bogey = 1 point

par = 2 points

birdie = 3 points

eagle = 4 points

d/eagle = 5 points

i have also put a a link to a file for the captains,this explains what i want from you during this world cup,

as to sending squads me or dots will accept them but he has requested more duties so send them to him lol,

onky joking dot either will do 

any players not sure about anything please ask the question,i want everyone happy and ready to go MARCH 1ST 

Hi Paul,

Just an Idea/suggestion, As the Stableford round Is a bit off could the scoring be spiced up a bit.

Say award an extra point for an Eagle, Make It a real risk/reward scenario "If I Eagle this & he birdies It I'll gain 2 points on the hole on him but If I go for the eagle & mess It up I could be looking at a fustercluck"

What ya think, Might make The Stableford round more exciting! ?

Ken

RSS