Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • AlexBorgesjr
    1,297 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 11:17 PM

who drew lines thru this if not nivlac ,that's wrong I pull out my wedge without the black dot , the took away, hes right why go over 150 foot roll with breaks and slopes and color changes when you can air express your ball within 5 feet of hole , check my arcvive videos I kept a few to show some friends it can be done up to with in inches if you measure and ding together, this has been one helpful article and posting it on my profile , now the female avitar should be really playing from the ladys tees like in the pros what are wgt trying to say, there great players but not equal in strenght give them real scale and give them there boxes its fair. Im a big fan of lpga, but get the best woman in the world , put here against tiger from his boxes and what do you think is going to happen. and why the advantage in turns of torso, and men dont get upper body strength advantage. that where this game is fake. trying to make everyone happy , like you messed up Blitz. besides that this the best game in the world. LOVE IT!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2012 4:58 PM

nivlac:
    Hope this was helpful to some of you. 

Interestingly this post has been helpful to 62 pages of replies.

yet Nivlac (Calvin) hasnt been on WGT for over 2 years.

THATS a Legend.

• GRAHAMJC63
    6 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:07 AM

Hey nivlac,

I just read your post on putting.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to prepare this advice, and help your fellow WGT members.

Good on you mate.

Best wishes,

Graham

• Gukkon
    21 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 2:15 PM

Read your post a few weeks back and also watched a few videos on you tube from certain players. I don't understand though why certain players use pitch view on the greens. Why is this? It confuses me why they do it and it also gives you two conflicting information. For example I was on a hole for a 26ft put where on green view it showed me blue to start off with and then black for the last 3/4 of the way. Turned to pitch view and it said that it was now red to begin with, black in the middle and then blue for a tiny bit at the end. Why the difference ? the beads still look the same for as far as I know so im just not sure why they use it. 

If you could shed some light on this for me then it would be great because since ive become Master tier now im finding it more difficult to put for some reason even though the greens are the same speed. Only difference I have found though is that putting uphill seems more of a challenge..

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:49 PM

Johniedino:

Yes I have had it happen more than it should. Always on the fringe. Check the flag stick marker and it should read in feet. What I do is hit a flop shot from fringe using the flag stick reading as a guide. Just remember to aim left for the flop.

P.S. if the flag is not in ft. then the  old basic math comes into play :)

J

When using the flop shot I do not move the aim marker at all.It is just as accurate to hit the line before the cente line.Try it and see what you think.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:53 PM

Great Tutorial, and good for all levels...now all I have to do is try and get to the green before my maximum shots are used up :)

• ChefJen
    26 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:49 AM

Thanks so much! I've taken my putting to a whole new level!

• P484PWP
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:02 AM

If only I could. I am often on the green in the right number of shots for a par, then I 4 5 or 6 putt to make my score look daft. I managed to miss from 9" earlier today. Good job I was playing on the works PC because my laptop might have gone flying......

I will persevere. I will. Regret I cannot play for real due to a badly healed broken wrist. Love this game!

• Axet420
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:00 AM

nivlac:

Welcome to the WGT NOLEgolfer! :)

Basically there just isn't enough pictures of the greens yet to be able to place your avatar dead center.  If you think about it, you'd have to take 1 picture for each degree.  360 pictures just around the cup.  That's a big download. 

I have requested for them to take additional pictures in and around the greens to give us more accurate views.  Hopefully they can oblige.

Reverse view squashes that problem.

• sammey1
    680 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 9:27 AM

This tutorial is very informative and has helped me a lot.

RSS