Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 2:15 AM

nhojc:

Hi guys, I found something to be of great help..  Go  here.

.http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/mutant/TemporaryURL/odd_rulers.pdf

Find the page with a reversed scale on it  (scale is 2nd and also 4th from the bottom) print it out for a baseline.  Open WGT get on the green, measure your swing meter scale, (on your screen), compare it to the size of the paper scale and adjust (shrink or enlarge) your printer until correct.  Works great.  I tried to copy and paste but doesn't work. The scale looks like this....10!!!!!9!!!!!8!!!!!7!!!!!6  etc. to  !!!!!0  Put some scotch over it first, then cut it out and tape it to your screen matching it to the swing meter. Remember to always use the same size screen. I always use Full Screen in Chrome.  I'll be happy to provide a copy or pic or whatever, just tell me how to post it,  or thread it or......

Hope it works for you all. And to all a HOLE IN ONE!

John 

just use this instead, the work has already been done

I have already received some requests for the putter graph for the new Nike and have just finished. For those who have never used my putter graph which is rather unimaginative, but works wonders. Here is the list that I have available. 

Daytona 
    30, 60, 90 & 15, 30, 60 scale

Redwood

30, 45, 60 scale 

Ghost

15, 25, 50

Nike

10, 20, 50 Scale

Note: Others can be designed for lower putters if I have the top 3 scales.

Do not print the picture above, it is not scaled to your screen!
    if you would like to have the file please send me a message with your email. User must have Microsoft Excel or the free viewer can be dowloaded. Simple to follow instructions to scale to your screen. If you would like to donate a sleeve of Nike lvl 71's ball I would appreciate it but it is not required.

EDIT: The speeds were originally developed for the Tour Master and Legend. Note, this is only designed to give you a starting base. Personally I use the Daytona, as a legend a flat putt is about 1 to fast but as a tour master it was just right. I would suggest you use it for a while and you will figure out where you need to be.

UPDATED 4-16-12The ruler can now be downloaded here Bilko's Putter Pal Link.

added a conversion chart for green speeds.

For those who gave me golf ball's thank you so much, your kindness was a breath of fresh air in today's world.

• JTeezer1
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 5:08 AM

Well worth it and its what all the good players use either home made version like above or better yet software based like this. It still takes skill to play the game. I programmed putt distances and elevation changes  and wind deflections for my full shots in excel. It just lets me play quicker. Everyone is using some type of math formula for their shots. I am not affiliated with the programmer, only a satisfied user.   http://wgt.over.cz/

• JTeezer1
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 5:09 AM

Well worth it and its what all the good players use either home made version like above or better yet software based like this. It still takes skill to play the game. I programmed putt distances and elevation changes  and wind deflections for my full shots in excel. It just lets me play quicker. Everyone is using some type of math formula for their shots. I am not affiliated with the programmer, only a satisfied user.  wgt . over . cz

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 7:03 AM

my puttings fine, i just get these every other round.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=5ab5d323-bcf8-4426-8d76-a05d00e302bd

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 12:24 PM

I have much better luck with the reverse view that the 'normal' view.  Gives you a much better sense of what happens as the ball nears the hole.  I putt everything from that view, unless it's a tap-in.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 2:30 PM

I use reverse view to line up the putt.But at least for me i find I do better if I then take the putt from the normal view. My problem is just being able to read the breaks correctly. 

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 3:19 PM

i usually look at the reverse view then i just miss the ding early or late.

but like you just said i have trouble with the break on how far left or right i should go

im not to good with the calculations i just guess at it lol.

• JTeezer1
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 11:04 PM

I have a blast and thats why i use excel. I dont enjoy math either i punch in 2 numbers and it gives me adjustments and i aim for it the best i can. When u look at wind speed and elevation changes, your mind goes to work and makes a mental adjustment. Call it math or gray matter memory its your choice. It makes the game quicker and i can be more competitive. Which equals more fun. Just my humble opinion!

Try not looking at all the numbers (math) WGT gives you, Wind, distance, elevation, and see how well you shoot. Todays golfers use gps, range finders, caddies. to help their shot evaluations. Oh and a notebook to log hole play. 

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 5:49 PM

scottishbloke:

my puttings fine, i just get these every other round.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=5ab5d323-bcf8-4426-8d76-a05d00e302bd

There are nights where I just lip out everything or play for a break that doesn't happen, or aim right and see the putt left of the hole as soon as I hit it.   These are the nights I don't play anything that costs credits.  Other nights I make everything.. guess that's part of the challenge of this game.

RSS