Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • nhojc
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 7:57 PM

Hi guys, I found something to be of great help..  Go  here.

.http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/mutant/TemporaryURL/odd_rulers.pdf

Find the page with a reversed scale on it  (scale is 2nd and also 4th from the bottom) print it out for a baseline.  Open WGT get on the green, measure your swing meter scale, (on your screen), compare it to the size of the paper scale and adjust (shrink or enlarge) your printer until correct.  Works great.  I tried to copy and paste but doesn't work. The scale looks like this....10!!!!!9!!!!!8!!!!!7!!!!!6  etc. to  !!!!!0  Put some scotch over it first, then cut it out and tape it to your screen matching it to the swing meter. Remember to always use the same size screen. I always use Full Screen in Chrome.  I'll be happy to provide a copy or pic or whatever, just tell me how to post it,  or thread it or......

Hope it works for you all. And to all a HOLE IN ONE!

John 

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 10:25 PM

Putting is much, much better after reading this but soooooooooo many putts per round lip out that it's not as much in the score.

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 2:58 PM

DoctorEagle:

Just checked my stats & I've a dismal 1.75 putts per hole & am 3+ putting almost 10% of the time. 

Woohoo! down to 1.74 putts per hole lol.

• boroJohnny
    65 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 8:16 AM

Im sure every one on here will knock me down for this BUT after reading this tutorial and trying again, Why is it that in the midst of a good round ( to me anyway) my long putts go nowhere near where I have aimed, not even set off in the right direction, it really feels as if it is a con

• dabiggoo
    9 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 11:48 AM

Agree completely, Johnny - I've had puts that I line up 6 inches left of the hole, hit it dead on the ding and the put starts straight at the hole and misses 6 " right straight. It's like the break I put into it lining up was completely ignored. In my business we call that an 'Undocumented Feature' or BUG in the software.

• boroJohnny
    65 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 3:01 AM

Well thank you for your comments I thought it was my imagination. Do you notice your ball going off line when no break is showing also. Gotta get rid of the BUGS Dabiggoo.

Cheers

• torcheeee
    73 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 1:29 PM

How is it that putts hit in the reverse view have a life of their own, but putts hit in the normal view (sometimes) go in the general direction that I want?

Another variable to allow for I guess!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 3:48 PM

torcheeee:

How is it that putts hit in the reverse view have a life of their own, but putts hit in the normal view (sometimes) go in the general direction that I want?

Actually, the reverse view putting is far more accurate.

• hyjuki87
    9 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 4:04 PM

I havent played this game for months now... i absolutely loved it, but lost all hope...the challenge to ding the putt was fun, and difficult. however, when you are having a great round, and then you ding a tremendously awesome putt, and it takes off at some lunatic angle... suddenly the challenge becomes a little ridiculous...

I dont think its a bug... i call it 'slow car catch up', which many of you will recognise from car racing games... 

• torcheeee
    73 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 1:46 AM

SGTBilko:

torcheeee:

Actually, the reverse view putting is far more accurate.

Maybe the accuracy is why I can't get it near the damned hole!

Users Fault!

:)

RSS