Forums

Help › Forums

hows pulling the flagstick workin' out for ya?

Tue, Oct 27 2009 9:20 AM (21 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 11:31 PM

AdamTurner:
    Besides, the stick will stop the ball from rolling 5 yards if you hit too hard and will leave it by hole. It's a life saver.
    Apparently you've never hit the stick on an approach.

If you had, you would have never posted this.

I have a replay that shows how hitting the stick on the fly can propel the ball completely off the green.

Funny though, when I hit the stick at my local muni, it pretty much knocks the ball down.

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 12:04 AM

You can try upgrading those freebie clubs you have and stop maxing out the meter for starters. Flag or no flag, where do expect that ball to land when you smash it like an idiot? ...in the hole? right.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:17 AM

deep breath....exhale

happy golfing

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:54 AM

Duplicate----   THE FLAGSTICK!: it is very good to have the option to pull or leave the flag stick yes. the one BIG wgt and i mean BIG problem is that it interfers with the pointer being laid upon grid to aid in reading the putt. This is very dissappointing, before only once in a while would the swing meter actually become active between the avator and the ball. Drive for show putt for dough.....this is important to me and others I hope. I dont see the remedy.

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:16 AM

The option of taking out the flag has been a little irritating but nothing to get too worked up about. I click it accidentally from time to time but it doesn't bother me, but I don't think the option of clicking it in or out should be where it is. Not sure what value there is in having it out either but then I haven't clicked it 'out' often enough. Having the flag there can help stop the ball if you overrun a shot but does it help having it out to get the ball to hit the back of the hole and drop in?

The flags are too hard anyway... they seem to be made of cast iron set in 6 foot of cement. I once hit a flag full in the face and it rebounded backwards 40 odd foot which made me chuckle. There should definitely be a bit more 'give' in them... at the moment it's like having Sachin Tendulkar stuck in the hole.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:05 AM

Thanks for all your feedback on this feature. We will review with the team.

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:52 AM

It's annoying!!! You take the flag stick out and the replace flag stick icon doesn't go away. Then I take it out and go to move my target or try and swing and it replaces the flag stick.

• TarheelsRule
    5,484 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 11:05 AM

In real golf hitting the flagstick can have mixed results and keep in mind that courses use a variety of flagsticks from plastic to metal and they differ in thickness.  I have seen balls hit the stick and drop down and hit the stick and rebound off the green into water so your results will vary.  I would prefer that the stick be automatically removed when I'm on the green, generally on a chip if you hit the pin you will not hole it, if it stops your shot from rolling 5 yards you hit a crappy chip.  On the course I pull the pin on any chips but not pitches.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 9:00 AM

Here is a slightly different spin on the subject.... Annoying bug aside, this is by FAR the best feature for me in the last update.  The reason:  I play on a bare minimum specification laptop, with gamebooster, smartram and all that other crap to 'optimize' my gaming experience.... but the one thing that irked me the most was the amount of lag that a flag in medium to high winds would cause on the putting meter.  Now just simply pull the flag and it's as smooth as silk.  This is exactly what I was looking for, I can deal with the bug for now, it can be fixed... but Thank You Very Much WGT for this!  I love it.

Lee

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:19 AM

A-Lee please don't buy a new and better computer...I'm playing my butt off trying to catch guys like you as it is...lol

The Flag icon like the Swing icon just need better controls of where and how they appear.

RSS