Forums

Help › Forums

hows pulling the flagstick workin' out for ya?

Tue, Oct 27 2009 9:20 AM (21 replies)
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:12 AM

should maybe have a little flag icon button at the bottom to pull the flag instead. Not sure where, maybe to the left of the ball spin icon.

Had flag pull problems sometimes when zoom view is still far away and directly in front. There's the green arrow at the hole but to pull the flagstick, have to move the arrow aside. Then i pull the flag but because zoom is far away, when you pull it can't see a hole at all. Next you have to move your green arrow back to the hole but not sure where it is.

Also another time i go to swing and when i let go of the mouse to start swinging, the flag pulled and when i clicked to hit the ball, the flag went back in. I guess if you do your clicking where the flag pull area is, it could do that? Just happened once.

But otherwise, do you guys find it goes in from far away when the pin's pulled? cause most of the time it does the 'hits the flagstick' and very rarely goes in. Does it go in more when its not there? You know its not likely to go in so might as well pull it.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:04 PM

I have had several problems with the flag being put back in the hole after I have pulled it and my swing cursor goes over the hole.

Haven't had many encounters yet with how the ball reacts at the hole without the stick in.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:26 PM

i noticed whats going on.. usually i start the swing clicking in the middle of the meter, then move the mouse up and let the button go and click it later. You can also start the swinging by clicking the mouse where the bottom of the club is, or wherever the guy is.. but if you move in the area of the pin, it has conflicts with pulling the flag or putting it back. Also problems while moving the pointer arrow around when it goes in the pin removal area. Bit of a hassle. They really need to get that outta there and make a button for pulling the pin instead.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 8:11 PM

It actually puts the pin back in whenever your swing cursor touches the green.  Most of the time I chip from the reverse view which makes the green appear much closer to your swing meter.  Very frustrating and very distracting.  It almost seems like no one even tested this before implementing it.  PLEASE just give us a button somewhere to press on the swing meter and the problem would be resolved.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 8:41 PM

I agree lets  have a button to remove the flagstick.  I find when reading the green in reverse view the "hide the flagstick" shows when your moving your mouse pointer over the area of the break which is close to the hole. This can be distracting.

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:22 AM

I agree 100%. A button, or maybe the flag area to pull it. I find it annoying, flashing on and off, around the base of the hole.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:37 AM

It's not working out.

It's a poorly designed system which needs to be simplified, preferably as stated, by having a button to remove/replace the flag.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:44 AM

Interesting that the first post was clearly legible and broken down nicely into paragraphs, though the second one did become a mini-wall of text.

Most importantly though, neither post was inflamatory or rude, and for the most part the point was pertinent and well expressed! I actually agree for once!

Good job man, catch more flies with honey.

Thread title is a little smarmy though..

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 11:42 AM

I say if you're hitting the flagstick, slow down and you're good. Besides, the stick will stop the ball from rolling 5 yards if you hit too hard and will leave it by hole. It's a life saver.

If it's a good hit, it'll go in anyway.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:02 PM

No Adam it does not.

Unless you have the perfect speed to just drop over the edge the flag stick will keep your shot out.

The flag also shoots the ball further away from the hole.

Search 'pull the flag' in the search function if you do not believe me.

RSS