Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:17 AM

ct690911:

I spoke to Paul and he was standing up for one of his CC mates. Regardless if he is on point, the gesture is noble.

ct

Hogwash. You don't stand up for someone by mocking and belittling others. He said his piece, it was acknowledged and he needed to move on. But no, empowered by his 1 hour and 20 minutes of fumbling fame, he now thinks his word is worth something.

Newsflash, it ain't.  Move on.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 8:11 AM

Gepetto1958/gerry785 defeat  skccvb/Inxtinman in round 2, via alternate playing weekly single play 9 hole tourney.

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 9:03 AM

"If you lose a Match in the Upper Bracket, when you get placed in the Lower Bracket, you will be playing the same courses in each round as you did in the Upper Bracket!"

We lost in round 2 of the winners bracket.  Our opponents lost in round 1 of the winners bracket.  Which course do we play, St. Georges or Chambers Bay?

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 9:08 AM

Is the deadline for playing round 1 of the losers bracket the same day as the deadline for playing round 3 of the winners bracket, or is it something else?

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 11:22 AM

pmm711:

RANGER1988:
    Out of no dis-respect to Simon at all, as well as no other player in this Tournament, I cannot with good conscience allow an exception to what we have had to deal with already, so with that being said, I will not be allowing Sin to sub in for Vab. 

Out of no disrespect to you Topper as I realize undertaking such a project like this demands a boatload of time and patience...and I greatly appreciate everything you've done to try to get this going.  Kudos out to you for the shear effort and desire of even wanting to run this show. 

But the substitution of a "Suspended Player" deserves to be addressed as it not only Fs up the Winner's Bracket, but the Loser's Bracket as well.  The "default" just ripples through and teams get to advance without play or merit.  That is in no way fair to any of the teams entered in the tournament...especially when there is a "replacement" avail. 

To not see the need for an "exception" in this case demonstrates neither you, nor the appointed committee, has the practical knowledge, experience, or expertise to even run a tournament such as this one.  Again, Kudos out to you for the shear effort and desire of even wanting to run this show. 

But, the prior substitutions you've had to deal with in this tourney in no way compare to the "extenuating circumstance" of V's WGT suspension.  To compare them and treat them equally is simply ludicrous.

Since V was "suspended by WGT" maybe you should have given Simon the respect and opportunity to provide the names of 3 alternatives and allow the committee to vote on one of them so he can play as he intended to do...wouldn't that be a better way to handle this and keep the integrity of the brackets vs. just DQ-ing his "team"? 

Again...no disrespect to YOU...but the process has way too many flaws in it.  One suggestion for the future would be for teams to also designate an "alternative" player or 2 when the teams are submitted.  This way matches actually get played and teams advance honestly. 

If you can "in good conscience" deny Simon to submit an alternative player for a "WGT suspended player" then I can in "good conscience"  submit the following about this so-called "Alt-Shot" tournament...again out of no disrespect to you personally...

AND...don't worry...this is my last post concerning what I consider to be a "sham"...

i can't actually believe anyone would post this, please engage brain before entering forum. IT'S JUST A GAME !!!!!!

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 11:35 AM

PEnglish3:
    i can't actually believe anyone would post this, please engage brain before entering forum. IT'S JUST A GAME !!!!!!

I think your quoting it again was a bit much and hurt my eyes . Ill send you the Dr Bill.

😝

• AlaskanDame
    18,969 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:06 PM

wleiss:

"If you lose a Match in the Upper Bracket, when you get placed in the Lower Bracket, you will be playing the same courses in each round as you did in the Upper Bracket!"

We lost in round 2 of the winners bracket.  Our opponents lost in round 1 of the winners bracket.  Which course do we play, St. Georges or Chambers Bay?

My understanding is that the "losers" play the course that matches what round they are in.  i.,e., if the losers' bracket match is labeled "round 1" in the losers' bracket, they play RSG.  If it's labeled "round 2" in the losers' bracket they play Chambers, etc.

The time deadline would have to be AFTER the deadline for the current winners' bracket, since there might not be a match played until the last day to determine the next opponents, but I'm sure the spirit would be to play ASAP to try and get the timing of determining the winner of the Losers bracket aligned as closely as possible with the timing of the winner of the upper bracket so that they can play each other at the end. There will inevitably be a lag when the winner of the winners' bracket will have to wait for the Losers' bracket winner to be determined, but if the lag can be kept as short as possible, that would be good.

Good questions though.  What do you say, Topper?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:38 PM

AlaskanDame:

wleiss:

My understanding is that the "losers" play the course that matches what round they are in.  i.,e., if the losers' bracket match is labeled "round 1" in the losers' bracket, they play RSG.  If it's labeled "round 2" in the losers' bracket they play Chambers, etc.

Good questions though.  What do you say, Topper?

Correct AD.  I'm fairly certain that no matter what bracket you're in, you play the course specific to that round. 

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 1:53 PM

AlaskanDame:
    The time deadline would have to be AFTER the deadline for the current winners' bracket, since there might not be a match played until the last day to determine the next opponents,

What I was asking was if the deadline for finishing round 1 of the losers bracket was the same day as the deadline for finishing round 3 of the winners bracket. All the match ups for the losers bracket will have been decided by the end of round 2 of the winners bracket, so the end of round 3 of the winner bracket would seem to be a good time to have the losers bracket round 1 end. Further down the round there may come a time where the winners have to wait for the losers, if in fact the winner of the losers bracket is playing the winner of the winners bracket,  but I don't think I'll have to worry about that. : )

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2018 1:55 PM

kavvz:
    Correct AD.  I'm fairly certain that no matter what bracket you're in, you play the course specific to that round. 

kavvz:
    My understanding is that the "losers" play the course that matches what round they are in.  i.,e., if the losers' bracket match is labeled "round 1" in the losers' bracket, they play RSG.  If it's labeled "round 2" in the losers' bracket they play Chambe

Thank you.  St. Georges it is then.

RSS