Fun tourney Judge, thanks.

Congrats to SirShmooey

Foo

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 9:31 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!

We will be having a tournament set up where you guys will be allowed to play with me and one other admin. I can tell you we are not going to accept the prize money if we win, but that won't be happening anyway because we are both average at best. We will allow users to register until it fills up, but remember, this is a 4-day tourney so be ready to grind it out. 

Thank you for the fun tournament! I would love to see more 4 round 4 day single play tournaments. That feels like the way golf should be.

Thanks again, Brett

• nitramgoht
    289 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 9:46 AM

Thank you JudgeSmails for 4 days of enjoyment.  Looking forward to other tourneys like this one.  Be well.

Tobias

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 10:51 AM

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 11:14 AM

TopShelf2010:

BPeterson8256:
    I would love to see more 4 round 4 day single play tournaments. That feels like the way golf should be.

I believe tournaments as such would generate a lot of buzz within the community.

However, with that being said, single play tournaments do not generate ball sales. When there is an unlimited opening round, a majority of players will keep banging away in that first round.

I guess WGT could counteract this by having an entry fee like with the RG's

Don

You may be right, Don. I thought of that as well.

However, I am not so sure it wouldn't generate ball sales. The other tournaments would still be there, and if the rounds were 24 hours each, they would be getting 72 holes of golf in 4 days by players that complete the tournament. I doubt there are very many players that play 72 holes of the same unlimited tournament in just 4 days. Most of the players that play the unlimited tournaments several times to try to go low, just restart the round right away when they see they don't have a good round going anyway. Playing 72 holes of the same tournament in 4 days seems like it would be a good money maker to me. Obviously that is just guess work on my part though.

Brett

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 11:41 AM

+1's to those ideers.  Love single plays they don't have to take away the unlimited round 1 tourney's just add some more single players.   

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 11:45 AM

FarFoo:

Fun tourney Judge, thanks.

Congrats to SirShmooey

Foo

Very commendable of you sir not to post a 4th round.  Don't really know if you WD'd or not but just gonna assume you didn't play the 4th to give others a go.  Nice 50 BTW!  :) 

..and yes fun tourney Judge kinda different being upset not to birdie every hole / eagle the par 5's.  :)

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 11:51 AM

kavvz:

Very commendable of you sir not to post a 4th round.  Don't really know if you WD'd or not but just gonna assume you didn't play the 4th to give others a go.  Nice 50 BTW!  :) 

..and yes fun tourney Judge kinda different being upset not to birdie every hole / eagle the par 5's.  :)

Oh I tried..lol  

I needed a 54 to win.

A couple of missing wgt winds, a couple of tricky little downhill putts missed  a couple of eagle efforts an inch or so from the hole & it was all over.  lol

Would have been a 56/57 final round had I finished.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 11:53 AM

RSS