Forums

Help › Forums

WGTJudgeSmails 1st Annual Invitational

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:37 PM (74 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 10:37 AM

We are back again this week for the PGA Championship and somehow the bosses have approved me going even bigger and better this week with the prizes. If you didn't play last week, I set up a contest where everyone needed to pick a player to win this week's tournament as well as their winning score. The user who chooses the right player and whose score is closest to the winning number wins a sleeve of balls.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

We have also decided to do a raffle, every user who enters a pick will be automatically put up for a random raffle with the winning prize being another sleeve of balls*.

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS!

Along with picking the winner and their score, we have three other picks we want you to make for even bigger prizes.

-Name the player you think has a hole-in-one and on what hole to win a new set of irons!

-Name the player to make an albatross on 17 to win yourself a new 3-wood!

-Name the player to make the longest putt of the week to tap your way to a new putter!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!

We will be having a tournament set up where you guys will be allowed to play with me and one other admin. I can tell you we are not going to accept the prize money if we win, but that won't be happening anyway because we are both average at best. We will allow users to register until it fills up, but remember, this is a 4-day tourney so be ready to grind it out. Here is the link below to the tournament, I have made sure to pin the post since you will have to access the tourney through here each day. The tournament starts tomorrow morning at 1AM CST:

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/wgtjudgesmails-1st-annual-invitational-leaderboard.aspx?id=a0267f7a173f4d40af40a9350120fe90

Good luck everyone!

Judge Smails

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 11:10 AM

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 11:19 AM

Great to see this Judge, Finally someone from wgt doing some events that people will enjoy and great to see a single event for the major. 

My pick will be Jordan Spieth for the overall win with a -12

Hole in one for xander Schauffele

Dustin Johnson for the albatross

and Henrik Stenson for the longest Putt.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 11:22 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:

We are back again this week for the PGA Championship and somehow the bosses have approved me going even bigger and better this week with the prizes. If you didn't play last week, I set up a contest where everyone needed to pick a player to win this week's tournament as well as their winning score. The user who chooses the right player and whose score is closest to the winning number wins a sleeve of balls.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

We have also decided to do a raffle, every user who enters a pick will be automatically put up for a random raffle with the winning prize being another sleeve of balls*.

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS!

Along with picking the winner and their score, we have three other picks we want you to make for even bigger prizes.

-Name the player you think has a hole-in-one and on what hole to win a new set of irons!

-Name the player to make an albatross on 17 to win yourself a new 3-wood!

-Name the player to make the longest putt of the week to tap your way to a new putter!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!

We will be having a tournament set up where you guys will be allowed to play with me and one other admin. I can tell you we are not going to accept the prize money if we win, but that won't be happening anyway because we are both average at best. We will allow users to register until it fills up, but remember, this is a 4-day tourney so be ready to grind it out. Here is the link below to the tournament, I have made sure to pin the post since you will have to access the tourney through here each day. The tournament starts tomorrow morning at 1AM CST:

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/wgtjudgesmails-1st-annual-invitational-leaderboard.aspx?id=a0267f7a173f4d40af40a9350120fe90

Good luck everyone!

Judge Smails

Sorted the link for you Judge :)

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 11:41 AM

I usually fail miserably at these sort of things,but as they say....In for a penny in for a pound :)

Winner.....Justin Thomas   -14

HIO on # 3......Rory Mcilroy

Albatross....No one especially if it plays 600 yrds Otherwise let's go for Dustin Johnson

Longest putt of the week......Jordan Speith

Russell

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:08 PM

Winner- Jon Rahm (-7)

HIO-Snedeker Ace #3

Albatross- No one 

Longest putt- Fitzpatrick

• sunrisegolfnut
    106 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:23 PM

Cool Deal.

Winner  Brooks Koepka -15

HIO Sergio Garcia Hole 3

Albatross Brooks Koepka

Longest Putt  Phil Mickelson

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:25 PM

Winner.....Rickie Fowler   -10

HIO on # 3......Tommy Fleetwood

Albatross....Tiger Woods

Longest putt of the week......Tony Finau

TY Judge..pretty cool these little giveaways are.  :)

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:35 PM

winner-Rickie Fowler  -11

HIO on #3- Tony Finau

Alby- Rory McIlroy

Longest Putt-B. Snedeker

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:35 PM

Very nice, Judge, you bring a refreshing breeze in here.

But please, could you repeat your whole post in frisian language? Hehehe...

Will have a look at the PGA tourney now and come back to post my picks later.

Peace,  Friedel

RSS