Forums

Help › Forums

How to become a Legend

Wed, Aug 15 2018 3:41 PM (33 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:10 PM

if played on mobile at all could probably get to somewhere in the upper 80s in 2 months.

If get good enough to win or place well in Ready gos can go through the tiers up to legend faster than normal.

Other than Glitch rounds mobile players can fly through the lower levels by playing one hole tournaments and watching the video at the end for XP.  they average 100-110xp per video. 

should be able to do 11 or 12 one hole matches in an hour. that's 1200-1300ish xp an hour just watching videos and that's better than doing any kind of normal golf round.

add in the xp from actually playing and in today's world you can see what can be done. 

and then add in the other 1000+xp per day for CDP.

Before the video bonuses and the glitch rounds, 2 years ago i made legend at level 83 and it took me 5 months to do it as a brand new player. so i'm sure it can be done in less than 2 now with all the bonuses.

• woody1948
    13 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2018 9:17 PM

I've been a Legend since Jesus was a bug boy, All I play is with 3 or 4 golfers in round play, is that hurting me move up?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 1:07 PM

Nope - obviously, you play enough ranked (strokeplay) rounds which do count.

But, despite all the best equipment (except for the ball), your scores are far away from promotion. Your average should become 60.000, and 500 Legend rounds, to see you moving up.

Don't worry though: I'm in your boat - I'm never gonna rise further - I just don't get enough practice.

(edit: removed typo)

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 2:33 PM

alosso:

Nope - obviously, you play enough ranked (strokeplay) rounds which do count.

But, despite all the best equipment (except for the ball), your scores are far away from promotion. Your average should become 60.000, and 500 Legend rounds, to see you moving up.

Don't vorry though: I'm in your boat - I'm never gonna rise further - I just don't get enough practice.

I agree with what Alosso is saying here.

It takes alot to jump from Legend to TL, this is by far the biggest hurdle in the tier system. I made Legend in mid 2016 after spending 72 days a TM. It is now 776 days as a Legend and I am just now getting to the point where I can see the glow of light at the end of the tunnel. I have noticed that the huge jumps in average we all got towards the end of the lower tiers from the saturation has not happened this time. Maybe this is because  of the large number of rounds (500 vs 5-50) required for TL status.

It is hard to put together a bunch of 5 to 7 under games but that is what I am having to do in order to chip away the final 0.12 from my average. I guess I could go play St Andrews every day and be bored out of my mind just make the leap, but I like the competition aspect of the multiplayer rounds.

Normally I play a single 9 hole round per day, what I call a pick-up game by letting WGT find a group ready to tee off. Some days I play a practice hole which does not count for anything but the CDP bonus, this is when my schedule is in absolute disarray or I am traveling. 

PS the days from above were calculated from when my CC owner posted on my wall about my tier moves.

• damejune2
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 5:36 PM

Wrong. I just played against a guy who was level 75, master tier, average of 84 with 23 ranked rounds played. I'm level 81, 122 ranked rounds and 69 avg. So according to you, I should be at least master or tour master, which I'm not. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 9:36 AM

damejune2:
    Wrong. I just played against a guy who was level 75, master tier, average of 84 with 23 ranked rounds played. I'm level 81, 122 ranked rounds and 69 avg. So according to you, I should be at least master or tour master, which I'm not. 

So, because you appear not to understand how tiers and averages work, others are wrong. OK. 

First, upon tiering up, a player's average resets upon playing his or her first round at his or her new tier. So, it would easily be possible for even a Champion-tier player to have an average of 84.

Second, to tier up to Master, you need an average of 67.00 or lower, plus the required number of ranked rounds at Tour Pro (25 at that tier). You clearly have enough ranked rounds. But your average is higher than 67.00. So, no, you should not be master or tour master. 

See this post: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/433263/2962789.aspx#2962789

• PhilMcracken3
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2018 6:07 PM

I think what he is saying is he's seen proof that the criteria you are giving is not accurate and I agree. I've seen many players with high averages and low levels on the master tier and up. My brother in law plays and he is a master. He's level 65, averages about 69 with ONLY 12 ranked rounds played. Prior to moving up to master, he was level 68 and 11 ranked rounds played. So his average did not "reset" after moving up like you and others suggest. Top Golf does not reveal their criteria for being promoted (why?) so I'd like to know how you know this information. 

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 9:33 AM

I little tip for you.  Don't become one.  There is no advantage.  All you get are longer holes, lousy shot outcomes, and lip-outs when putting.  Stay where you are.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 5:15 PM

PhilMcracken3:
    I think what he is saying is he's seen proof that the criteria you are giving is not accurate and I agree. I've seen many players with high averages and low levels on the master tier and up. My brother in law plays and he is a master. He's level 65, averages about 69 with ONLY 12 ranked rounds played. Prior to moving up to master, he was level 68 and 11 ranked rounds played. So his average did not "reset" after moving up like you and others suggest. Top Golf does not reveal their criteria for being promoted (why?) so I'd like to know how you know this information. 

The above information has been verified by the experiences of many players, including myself. I tiered up exactly in line with that list. Nevertheless, no one is saying that's the only way to tier up.

Until they reach Legend tier, players can lower their average and tier up through match play wins against higher-tier players or by placing well in tournaments or ready gos. Moreover, mobile players who pretty much only play coin matches are tiered up by other criteria, which is (at best) nebulous. 

And while you're correct that Top Golf won't reveal the process of tiering up, a moderator once commented on the information that it was "on the right track" or something like that. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 5:17 PM

RenoRick:

I little tip for you.  Don't become one.  There is no advantage.  All you get are longer holes, lousy shot outcomes, and lip-outs when putting.  Stay where you are.

The important thing, Rick, is that you're not bitter. :-) 

RSS