Help › Forums

*Update* Virtual U.S. Amateur

Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:16 PM (91 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:23 PM

flexbomb:
    What course?

The newest course currently in the can--Wolf Creek?  That would be extremely cool. LOL :-)

Unfortunately, PB makes sense.  :(

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:26 PM
    ujjbnjk:
    +1

+1

Sad really, just imagine if wgt wrote the rules England would have taken the World Cup home ;-)
  • ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:41 PM

DodgyPutter:
    ujjbnjk:
    +1

+1

Sad really, just imagine if wgt wrote the rules England would have taken the World Cup home ;-)

LOL yep.. Same rules as the US open so only players from certain countries will make it to Atlanta. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 2:12 PM
    ujjbnjk:
    Same rules as the US open so only players from certain countries will make it to Atlanta. 

If as in the VUSO they let players from outside the select few eligible countries for the prize play it could be fun seeing how they figure who to take. Imagine if none of the semi finalists in one bracket qualify. Or the tension involved if a bracket is drawn and only one person in one half of it does. :-))

Please stop with the silly eligibility stuff wgt.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 2:54 PM

DodgyPutter:

Please stop with the silly eligibility stuff wgt.

Could be wrong, but I don't think it's a WGT thing.

Think it's a source country issue.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 2:54 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Please stop with the silly eligibility stuff wgt
    Its not up to WGT .Its according to your state or country`s laws which WGT has to operate by .Thats what either allows you to play and win prizes or not .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 3:39 PM
    lonniescott711:

DodgyPutter:
    Please stop with the silly eligibility stuff wgt
    Its not up to WGT .Its according to your state or country`s laws which WGT has to operate by .Thats what either allows you to play and win prizes or not .

There's only a handful of countries eligible for online competitions? If you say so but I'm surprised.

I'm also surprised that the same people/countries are eligible to win prizes and credits from other wgt competitions, and cash in these credits for vouchers etc etc.

Anyway even if that's true why has there been no announcement of this or last years winner of the VUSO from wgt? I think what saddens Joe most is there has been no acknowledgement of him even winning it, never mind the remarkable achievement of back to back wins.

Actually typing that I started to hear the reply "If they said he won he then he may be able to claim the prize."

Surly there's something they could say without any risk, "Congratulations to JoeMaverick on his great play to shoot 222 in the VUSO, the lowest by two strokes" for instance.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 3:52 PM

It could also just be WGT making the rules too.  I'm sure region specific laws come into play as well, but I doubt they are abundant.

Flying someone domestically to Atlanta is a heck of a lot cheaper than from Europe etc etc.

There are tax implications to consider I'm sure as well.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:19 PM

Guys,

As you all know, we want the best players to win, of course. BUT, as you also know that we have to follow country's laws and unfortunately some of them are either outdated or stem from other reasons or apply to a different activity that has been thrown under the same umbrella. 

It's not ideal, but it is what is is :(

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:21 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Anyway even if that's true why has there been no announcement of this or last years winner of the VUSO from wgt? I think what saddens Joe most is there has been no acknowledgement of him even winning it, never mind the remarkable achievement of back to back wins.

Actually typing that I started to hear the reply "If they said he won he then he may be able to claim the prize."

Surly there's something they could say without any risk, "Congratulations to JoeMaverick on his great play to shoot 222 in the VUSO, the lowest by two strokes" for instance.

So we never really knew who won last year's VUSO?? Wow. There's nothing in the rules saying that the champion has to be the one to win the prize - if the champion is ineligible for the prize. So, the champion could one person while the prize winner is another person - the highest ranking player who was actually eligible for the prize.

RSS