Forums

Help › Forums

putting - visual aids

Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:08 PM (9 replies)
  • cutflower
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 1:42 AM

well I read the faq ......   fat lot of good it does me lol

What are the lines that close in around the strike (excellent mark point)  when you hold the mouse down?

In fact what do they refer to generally?

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:09 AM

just look on the site or youtube for basic tutorials on how to play..

that should help

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:17 AM

those lines are the hit zone. .... think of it as your margin of error. The longer you hold at the top of your swing ( holding the mouse) , the smaller your margin of error gets, just like real golf. That said, it really doesn't matter much ... if you miss the perfect line, your shot will go left or right anyway, but the closer to the edges of the hit zone, the more errant the shot is... and if you shrink it down, that slight mishit becomes huge.

Jeff

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 2:22 AM

what  i dont get is why they shrink (takes about  15 secs) when holding the mouse down while putting

ah reread tks :)

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 4:41 PM

OK   why are there not tick marks / percentage marks on the swing slider values ?

I love calculating imperial measurement to France's metric -  don't you?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:28 PM

cutflower:

OK   why are there not tick marks / percentage marks on the swing slider values ?

See this thread...

It has to do with the "feel" of the game... it's realism.

We don't want to play protractor golf, we'll save that for the TW franchise.

Peace.

• PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 7:05 AM

Those lines do not mean crap half of the time I line up my putt with those lines. Guess what??? It doesn't work that way at all. The power strike meter for making the shot is a joke as well..I try to line up the force with the dragging back of the arrow and it doesn't even come close to what I am thinking that I am doing..I owe great gratitude to some one I played with a while back that showed me the reverse button it does help. The help is great but the shots are still not there and I am missing 1" to 8 " putts !!! Damn what the hell is going on can any one help me please !!!! My driving and short game is great but the putting is freaking killing me !!!!!.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 7:25 AM

Try here for tips on Putting Distance Control.

PadraigMurphy:

... My driving and short game is great but the putting is freaking killing me !!!!!.

• kowalczyk
    36 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:06 PM

Snaike:

cutflower:

See this thread...

It has to do with the "feel" of the game... it's realism.

We don't want to play protractor golf, we'll save that for the TW franchise.

Peace.

thats the way

• Vardon
    50 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:08 PM

If you have any further questions go to the thread called Struggling to get from Pro to Master.  People will help you there.

RSS