Help › Forums

problems inviting players to join club

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 21 2018 2:10 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 11:24 AM

I am a new owner to an existing club and I am having problems recruiting new members. When I go to their profile page and click invite to club, it says "could not send invitation"

I have the owner tools set for anyone to come in without my approval first and it does not seem to matter at all. I keep getting people showing up on my member list at the bottom as pending.

If they can come in without my approval, then why are they pending?

I have even gone to several of their wall posts and have tried it that way, with no results at all.

I have over 25 member slots to fill and can't get results.

What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it?

Help!! Cowrinkle

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:36 AM

I don't know a lot about this, but you can't invite people to your CC if they're in another CC.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:57 AM

xlviii:

I don't know a lot about this, but you can't invite people to your CC if they're in another CC.

That is only partially correct. An owner can invite players who are in a CC but other members can't . At least that is how it appears. I have been in my CC for several years but I get 2 or 3 CC invitations a month. Actually I was only partially correct. Not sure about other regular members but directors can also send invitations to members of other CC's. I just successfully sent a CC invitation to XLVIII.

@ Cowrinkle one reason a CC invitation might no be able to be sent is if they blocked you. If you are blocked you can't post on their wall,send friend invitations or CC invitations. You might post on WGTicon's wall. Heshouldt know more about this.

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 12:57 PM

borntobesting:

I just successfully sent a CC invitation to XLVIII.

Are you sure? I never saw an invite. It'd still be different than what the OP is describing, but I didn't get an invite unless you cancelled it.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:46 PM

Cowrinkle:
    I am a new owner to an existing club and I am having problems recruiting new members. When I go to their profile page and click invite to club, it says "could not send invitation"

No clue about that.

It shouldn't be blocking by the player, because then you should not even see the "invite" buttons for CC or friends (nor a "post message" button at the wall).

Cowrinkle:
    I have the owner tools set for anyone to come in without my approval first and it does not seem to matter at all. I keep getting people showing up on my member list at the bottom as pending.

Two different paths:

Those who apply for membership should become members right away. But, those whom you invite and do not accept will stay "pending", even if they join your CC later.

I deem it a flaw in the system - delete them if you want, or not.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:58 PM

if a player shows pending on your list you cannot send a manual invite...that is why you get the "could not send invitation"

delete them off the the pending list and then go and send an invite...then it should work after they accept your invite

• Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:55 PM

Judging from what you just said...…. When I send an invite to someone and they decline, it still throws them into my pending list. Is that correct? Wow, that is a flaw in the system.

And that is true about my relaxing my tools to allow anyone to come in.

They are still showing up on my pending list, so that tells me that they have not quit their current club? Is that correct???????????

And if they at a later time quit their club and they are on my pending list.....does that mean, they automatically are accepted in at that point?

This is somewhat confusing and really not very user friendly.

At least now, I kinda know what the procedure is and how to go forward. Thanks....cowrinkle

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:15 PM

Once a player is invited to join a club . They will show on the roster as pending . Which means the membership is pending on the player accepting the invite to join . Once they accept and join then they will be removed from the pending status . Although they may decline , the status will continue to show as pending unless removed from the roster .

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:21 PM
    after a long time not being a member of a CC, i am considering it. along with this thought i am wandering what a club pass is and what does it do for the CC and for me? thanks, my nickle.
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:50 PM

lee22sharon:
    after a long time not being a member of a CC, i am considering it. along with this thought i am wandering what a club pass is and what does it do for the CC and for me? thanks, my nickle.

A club pass will help you boost your XPs bonus points for both you and your club if you belong to one . It helps the clubs increase with game perks designed for the cc by increasing the number of tournaments a club can hold . It also will enlarge club membership capacity , and other club enhancements . 

Although we get a free pass every 12 hours or 3 1/2 hrs during clashes which is also free . You can also buy them courtesy of WGT in the pro shop . For new and up and coming clubs they are a good way to level up as a club for benefits but only to a certain point . Then they become useless and no big deal .

I`m an owner of a small club now if you want I`ll send you an invite . Let me know you`re more than welcome to come join .

• PAGES
RSS