Forums

Help › Forums

Fix the flash issue, now

Thu, Aug 8 2019 2:57 PM (30 replies)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:47 PM

Every other site that uses flash is not having the issues that this one is with the latest flash

Please do not tell me to revert to an older version of flash. Not risking any of my far more important uses of my computer (such as stock trading) just so this game runs smoothly. I'd rather give the game up instead.

Fix this, PLEASE. If every other site is working fine, the issue is not flash, it's something with your software

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:50 PM

If you don't want to downgrade your Flash, you can switch to a browser like Maxthon that has an older version built in.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:53 PM

derekortt:
    Fix this, PLEASE. If every other site is working fine, the issue is not flash, it's something with your software
    You're talking to the players, not WGT, I'm afraid. OUR software can't cure your woes :( WGT is behind "Contact" below, but don't expect too much concerning your troubles.

And, there are quite a few players who have no "Flash issues". Thus it appears that these are other issues which may be on your part. We know RAM useage, connection (maybe intermediate or on WGT's side) as possible culprits...

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:53 PM

I do have maxthon, but there are issues with the ding lagging. Far more missed dings. 

I can try firefox, but I'd be going with a garbage meter then.

That siad, I nearly won the VUSO 2 years ago on firefox, so maybe I give it a try again

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:21 AM
    I use an old version of Maxthon and no Flash issues at all. Most people who use an old version are the same, try it
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:14 AM

derekortt:

Every other site that uses flash is not having the issues that this one is with the latest flash

Beg to differ on that. There's a backgammon site I frequent that's all messed up because of the Flash change. That latest version is a mess.

• Ladychipper
    22,689 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:49 AM

I had big meter issues until I switched to the previous version of Adobe Flash Player.  I am also using the latest version of Firefox 60.0.2.  So far no more issues. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:50 AM

Fencer100:
    I use an old version of Maxthon and no Flash issues at all. Most people who use an old version are the same, try it

+1

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 1:45 PM

I think it must be more than any changes at WGT and changes in Flash versions.  I have tried several different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Maxthon) and play at varying times of the day and night.  I can not pin it down to any specific issue and cannot replicate problems!

For example, I played with Chrome for months without issue (except me!), and then when problems started recently, people said it was the Chrome version of Flash that was the issue, so I tried Maxthon.  I still had some of the same issues, but it seemed not quite as bad.  I played in Chrome again - no problems.  Played in Chrome again - big problems with meter stutter - then changed to Edge yesterday on advice of borntobesting and play was fine.  Immediately after that, I inadvertently played in Chrome (because it was already open and I did not think about changing back to Edge, and play was fine!

I know this is an international audience for this game, so time periods don't matter as much to WGT servers, but most of my play is in very off-hours in the US (much between midnight and 5 am CT) and there are never any significant apps running on my fairly fast computer and nothing else going on over my network with gigabit service.  So, I don't think it is anything local (like someone else streaming movies, etc., over my network)!

I am happy with everyone that has a combination that works well and I commiserate with those that are having problems.  What troubles me (as an engineer and oft-time software developer) is that I cannot replicate the issues!  

Cliff's notes :  I don't know if there is a one-size-fits-all answer, so all we can do is try the various awesome suggestions offered by others until we find a combo that seems to work for us.  As such, I will try to confine my whining to other topics (J/K).

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 1:52 PM

Ladychipper:

I had big meter issues until I switched to the previous version of Adobe Flash Player.  I am also using the latest version of Firefox 60.0.2.  So far no more issues. 

+1

I also use flash 29 with ff and no more issues

RSS