Forums

Help › Forums

Fix the flash issue, now

Thu, Aug 8 2019 2:57 PM (30 replies)
  • hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 9:41 AM

derekortt:

Every other site that uses flash is not having the issues that this one is with the latest flash

Please do not tell me to revert to an older version of flash. Not risking any of my far more important uses of my computer (such as stock trading) just so this game runs smoothly. I'd rather give the game up instead.

Fix this, PLEASE. If every other site is working fine, the issue is not flash, it's something with your software

try maxthon browser

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2018 2:53 PM

flash works good for me , never any problems

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 3:45 PM

1. The Flash update is the culprit.

2. I'm not going to change my browser as a consequence.

3. Its affecting everyone differently - but, for me -  the latest glitch is mainly bad eye-candy.

4. WGT probably don't have a clue how to sort it out.

5. The next Flash update might make it better (it took about 4 weeks last year).

6. WGT need to move on from Flash... which expires in 2020.

• GregCat
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:16 PM

I've always had a solid meter for years until about 1-2 weeks ago.  Now, thanks to this glitch I've sent a couple of Titliest into the ocean!!!   I'm livid.  I switched to the latest Maxthon 5.1 and don't do it.   Same problem.  I'm going to try to switch back to the 4.1 version.

I can't afford to lose any more balls because of this BS!  

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:37 PM

Somewhat belated response to this, but I was focused on Black Diamond GC and we were dealing with it internally.

If you have Windows 10 and using Edge for WGT, the problem is not the Flash update or WGT.

It is the Microsoft/Windows "security" update to the Flash update.  Plenty of computers guys better than me, but MS hates Adobe.

One can kill the updates with Windows 10 by going to Settings, updates and uninstall.  But then there is 2nd step.  One has to download Windows 10 "Search and Hide" tool ...that is searchable but get it from MS … then hide the damn thing.  

That is to prevent MS from trying to re update it every day.  

There are multiple updates for some of us since 6/7, so kill them all if you see "Security" in title.

Alternative, as noted above, is go back to Maxthon.  The best techie in my club has another alternative, but I never heard of it so not prepared to mention it in public.

Tom.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 10:40 PM
    Any of the Maxthon 4 versions work fine.
  • dobie2089
    95 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 12:03 AM

K7JBQ:

For you and your system , doesn't apply they will work for everyone . 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 4:03 AM

K7JBQ:

+1, No Problems. Opera has V.29 and Maxthon which is what I use to play has V.18

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 4:46 AM

All my go to browsers have 29.0.0.171 and work great.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 5:34 AM

I run a version 3.1.4.0 Slimjet with flash 26.0.0.151 and have no problems.

But the OP is worried about reverting back to an earlier version due to security reasons.  If that is the case he should be worried about any version of flash, including the current and any new versions.  What are you going to do, if you need to run something Java.  Almost none of the current versions of browsers will allow it to run.

All Flash Versions Will Be Insecure.

Maybe the best bet if you want to be that paranoid is just turn it OFF.  And he is probably ones of those that think his smartphone is the most secure thing going, and probably does the same thing on it as he does on his computer.

Also this

jacktrade51:

If you have Windows 10 , the problem is not the Flash update or WGT.

It is the Microsoft/Windows "security" update to the Flash update.  Plenty of computers guys better than me, but MS hates Adobe

The best techie in my club has another alternative, but I never heard of it so not prepared to mention it in public.

Tom.

Fixed part of it for you.  Just because you have not heard of it, you won't mention the name.  Maybe for some it might be the best thing since grits.  Also, it's possible that a lot of us here have heard of it, and that we can make our own decisions concerning to use/try it.  I have about 13-14 different ones installed, and can say I use at least 3 of them almost daily.

RSS