Forums

Help › Forums

Putter?

Sun, Jun 10 2018 5:45 PM (31 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 6:14 AM

Got the M1 putter, since I have the odd numbers, thought I just stick with it. I know it’s all about the player, it might still help.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:59 AM

SlickHunter:

Got the M1 putter, since I have the odd numbers, thought I just stick with it. I know it’s all about the player, it might still help.

Its all about practice . Play stroke play practice and use the rock .  Then go work on your putting . The thing with the Versa line of putters is that you can putt either way with them . Whether you are a ding player or miss ding player you can putt very well with it .

Its all about learning the breaks and the lines of the putt . Once you get used to the putter you will find that it will bail you out of trouble most of the time . It holds its line very well and is also very precise . I love mine and I doubt if WGT can make another Versa any better than this one . 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 10:02 AM

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:

Its all about practice . Play stroke play practice and use the rock .  Then go work on your putting . The thing with the Versa line of putters is that you can putt either way with them . Whether you are a ding player or miss ding player you can putt very well with it .

Its all about learning the breaks and the lines of the putt . Once you get used to the putter you will find that it will bail you out of trouble most of the time . It holds its line very well and is also very precise . I love mine and I doubt if WGT can make another Versa any better than this one . 

I missed a lot of inside 5 footer putts with this new one. You’re right, it’s all about learning the breaks and speed. You can use the best equipment, but you’re still the one that executes. 

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 2:33 PM

lonniescott711:

The thing with the Versa line of putters is that you can putt either way with them . Whether you are a ding player or miss ding player you can putt very well with it .

Does the Sabertooth not share this characteristic? I've considered becoming a ding putter, but I worry about occasionally missing the ding the wrong way.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 3:40 PM

I rarely ding, reason I opted for this putter..so far, my putting is taking a plunge with this new putter. Maybe in time, I’ll get use to it..but I always welcome a new toy..lol

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 4:13 PM

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:50 PM

I've found the Sabertooth OK with off ding putting so long as the break isn't all that sharp. For hard breakers I need to go to conventional reverse view.

Everyone I've talked to who got the Sabertooth hated it for about the first two weeks and loved it after the first month. That was my experience as well.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 11:13 PM

xlviii:

lonniescott711:

The thing with the Versa line of putters is that you can putt either way with them . Whether you are a ding player or miss ding player you can putt very well with it .

Does the Sabertooth not share this characteristic? I've considered becoming a ding putter, but I worry about occasionally missing the ding the wrong way.

The Sabertooth putters have high forgiveness. High forgiveness putters try to bring missed ding putts back on line. Not good if you are an off ding  putter.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:06 AM

All I can say, this putter sucks right now. Too bad, already sold my old one.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:45 AM

RSS