Forums

Help › Forums

My average keeps going up and how to get Tour Pro

Fri, Nov 13 2020 7:46 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LThompson31
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 9:15 AM

A few days ago when I came back to this game, my average was 70.15. I played a few ranked 9 hole games, and now my average is 72.11. First of all, why did my average go up, should it have, and what are the requirements for tour pro?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:12 AM

Ranked rounds are stroke play rounds that show up in your score history. Par 3s and 5s don't count.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/343018.aspx

WGT – Tiers

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When you have played at least 40  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 100  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend*
    • ****************************************************************************************
    • When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 57? you go from Tour Legend to Champion
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55/56? you go from Champion to Tour Champion

*edit-The bolded part of this thread copy is wrong. The average to get to Champion is 59, not 57  and Tour Champion is by invite only.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:20 AM

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:40 AM

Don,

please don't refer to +-Par when speaking of averages - full scores count here!

The difficulty shows with the 37 you mention - it is actually two over - 2x37 = 74 counting for average!

For the guy asking, your other numbers fit well - his 72.1 average - unsaturated - will rise when he shoots above 72 for 18 holes, resp. 36 (x2) for nine holes.

Saturation will come with 20 counting scores.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 12:45 PM

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 1:28 PM

Jim,

Unless they have changed, going from Legend to Tour Legend requires 500 ranked rounds and 200 ranked rounds to lock your avg. once you become Champion.  To get to tour champion, you have to get an invite when Iconian gets lonely

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 1:54 PM

jabonic:

Jim,

Unless they have changed, going from Legend to Tour Legend requires 500 ranked rounds and 200 ranked rounds to lock your avg. once you become Champion.  To get to tour champion, you have to get an invite when Iconian gets lonely

I think you're right. That was copied and pasted from the referenced thread and I just looked at the last 2 parts and the guy is wrong. Surprised it got past alosso.  LOL

I edited it, thanks for the correction.

Shame on alosso and shame on me for not looking closer. The rest of that thread does correct this.  ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 3:01 PM
    LThompson31:
    why did my average go up

I reckon your average of 70.15 was based on 13 ranked rounds so included 912 (911.5) strokes. The recent rounds you mention look to include five rounds and a total of 386 strokes at an average of 77.2.

This gives a total of 18 ranked rounds as a pro that have used 1,298 strokes and given you an average of 72.11.

After two more rounds you will reach saturation, which means your score replaces the worst one included in your average, and you will not need to score less than it (your average) to see it fall.

If for instance your current average was saturated and you scored 74, it would fall from 72.11 to at least (as I see a 88 in your scores) 71.41 and you would be a Tour Pro.

Strangely it looks to me like three 74's would see you promoted the first two making your average go up to 72.30, but reaching saturation, and the third therefore dropping it to 71.6.
  • jabonic
    854 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:59 PM

No worries Jim.  

I just remember going through the grueling legend saturation and 500 ranked rounds was a nightmare and will forever be engraved in my head.  LOL  

You just never know these days now that the mobile version is taking off.  I think they have a whole different scoring system. :)

Jabs

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 5:49 PM

YankeeJim:

• When you have played at least 100  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend*
    • ****************************************************************************************
    • When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 57? you go from Tour Legend to Champion
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55/56? you go from Champion to Tour Champion

*edit-The bolded part of this thread copy is wrong. The average to get to Champion is 59, not 57  and Tour Champion is by invite only.

Jim:

You should just use Scott's handy dandy link to the correct post....

ScottHope:

• PAGES
RSS