Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 4/26/18 ***

Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:33 PM (150 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:44 AM

Now that Titleist is here, and they have other models in real life under the Pro V's that are offered in ...... cough cough yellow.  I may have just found something to do on WGT again to pass the time.  ;-)

Perhaps lower level Titleist balls to get more players playing them ..... at a much more reasonable price level. 

https://www.titleist.com/product/titleist-tour-soft-yellow/T4111S.html

Titleist Tour Soft YellowTitleist Tour Soft Yellow

For the cost of the L51 Volvik and yellow Callaways, nothing more is much needed. I play just a well or poorly with them as any Nike ball I've ever tried.   But would be nice to have more ball color options with slightly better specs comparable to some of the top golf balls here.  

I would love to try some of the new top golf balls but for the price, I can get 3 sleeves of the yelloways to one sleeve of the top Titleist. LOL    It would wipe out my credit bank just to burn through one sleeve trying to learn them.

• soliderock1
    1,550 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:22 AM

Nice work on landing Titleist WGT.   Good to see the #1 ball in golf is finally here.    Hopefully we will see some clubs to follow in the future.........

• MYTHofPANDORA
    53 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:56 AM
    What is the difference between this 2 balls ?
    • Titleist Pro V1x Vapor Balls unlocks at Level 72 and Level 92
    • Titleist Pro V1x Super Vapor Balls unlocks at Level 73 and Level 93 
    •  I have the level 93 and the trail looks the same as always!!

Liz

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:04 AM

MYTHofPANDORA:
    What is the difference between this 2 balls ?

Try clearing your cache. New equipment usually requires that.

• MYTHofPANDORA
    53 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:16 AM

YankeeJim:
    Try clearing your cache. New equipment usually requires that.
     I did that still the same but thx Jim!!    Any moderator??

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:55 AM

soliderock1:

Nice work on landing Titleist WGT.   Good to see the #1 ball in golf is finally here.    Hopefully we will see some clubs to follow in the future.........

And we also got the ball that beats the #1 ball in golf regularly. The TM TP5X

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:02 PM

There's one big thing has me bugged about this update and I hope those that have been here a long time can relate to it.

When I started the top of the range ball was a Callaway and cost 250 credits.  Since then we've seen many updates and clubs and balls have become ever better.  Nothing wrong with this, we all expect each new release to be better than the old one.

The problem for me is, 250 credits for the top ball 9 years ago, compared to 1,000 credits today.  What sort of inflation is that?  Clubs haven't increased at anything like that rate, apart from wedges which used to cost 250 credits for the great ones.

I'm lucky in that I don't really have to check my wallet every time I want to buy new balls.  I sure as hell wouldn't go beyond the 400 credit a sleeve barrier but that's just on principal.  However, there are many players who are on a very tight, or even none existent, budget.  How are they supposed to feel when the best balls now cost 4 times what they did 9 years ago?

Obviously they can use budget balls but everyone aspires to play as well as they can and for some this equates to the best gear and the best balls are now way out of the reach of all but the wealthy or seriously good players.

It appears that while real life golf has become a sport for the common man in most countries, it has somehow simultaneously become one for the rich online.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:25 PM

Not a fair comparison, D. The difference in balls between then and now is off the charts. I'm more peeved that they jacked the price up as high as they did. Just to get an even replacement for the Nikes I was using is going to cost another 100 credits. That's some sneaky business, IMO.

The suck part is, you can fish or cut bait, it ain't changing.  :-(

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:34 PM

I'll be using the TP5x since they're identical to the Nike's I currently use.

But I have to say I'm not digging the graphics on them. They look like someone with 3 minutes training on Photoshop had a go at editing the Nikes so they look like TaylorMade....

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:35 PM

YankeeJim:

I'm more peeved that they jacked the price up as high as they did. Just to get an even replacement for the Nikes I was using is going to cost another 100 credits. That's some sneaky business, IMO.

It's definitely strange the 71 didn't get a direct replacement when the 61 and 81 did.  Maybe they just missed it. 

RSS