Forums

Help › Forums

Missing pins

Wed, Jul 18 2018 10:33 AM (32 replies)
  • Steelers1407
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 9:24 AM

like others, I use an Apple IPad and the pin (Flag) is missing. Depending on your view, sometimes you still cannot tell where the hole is without the pin. This affects the game itself. Are you going to fix this? How long should we stop playing for before this is fixed?

• Jill1989
    79 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 11:47 AM

I can vouch for this, started with me last night...whether I'm playing an H2H or tournament.  Usually on the second hole the flag stick disappears, regardless of cam angle...it's just gone.  

Real pain on any approach where the camera doesn't provide you a close up of the green.

On a 3 wood or less as soon as you start moving your target you lose sight of where the cup is.  

On a par 5 where you might not be able to reach the green in two it would still be nice to have a clue where the hole is.

I have an iphone 8+.

I sent my email in, haven't heard anything...

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 12:41 PM

I've never experienced that, and I've played exclusively on an iPad. Are you sure that you're not accidentally removing the flagstick? 

• HalHoff
    826 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 1:04 PM

Try pulling the pin Robert, when you go to put it back it’s not there anymore. Or on any of the following holes. At least 20 in our club on iPads or iPhones have the problem, Checked with another club owner and same problem in their club. No reply from Customer Help Request either and been 3 days now since this started.

• LifeLongNole
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 1:19 PM

I have the same problem.  No pins for me on iPhone.

• 48Starfish
    80 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 1:30 PM

absolutely ...happening at Classic club...flags missing most of game!! several days now..

jeannie 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:14 PM

HalHoff:
    Try pulling the pin Robert, when you go to put it back it’s not there anymore.

Before I posted, I actually did test it out. I can remove and replace the pin without a problem. Granted, I only tested it on a couple of holes for Pebble Beach. So, maybe the glitch is course specific.   

Edit: Just tried it on St. Andrews. On St. Andrews, the glitch was there and no flag sticks reappeared after pulling one.  

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:25 PM

In the meantime...if pulling the pin is causing the issue...the simple workaround is not to pull the pin.  Having one shot in a thousand that hits the pin and rattles out is infinitely preferable to having no pins for most of the match.

And no.  It's not a fix.  But you do have pins...

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:55 PM

Jerm65:

In the meantime...if pulling the pin is causing the issue...the simple workaround is not to pull the pin.  Having one shot in a thousand that hits the pin and rattles out is infinitely preferable to having no pins for most of the match.

I tend to agree. I rarely pull the flagstick. Only been burned a couple of times because of it. And I've also been saved a couple of times by the ball hitting the flagstick. So there's that. 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 6:01 PM

Jerm65:

Well, I just played a round on Pinehurst. I didn't pull any pin but all of them were gone.

So, this is a definite glitch with the mobile app right now. I guess I have to retract all that I wrote above.

RSS