Forums

Help › Forums

Calling all CC owners

Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:24 AM (208 replies)
  • gordonparker
    824 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:47 AM

im jeff's (Overtheedge) goofy sidekick who also has to carry his golfbag round the course and teach him how to play world golf tour, although im not an owner looks good and good luck.

gordon

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 1:24 PM

The BEST sidekick anyone could ever ask for..lol. Thanks gordon for the positive input. Jeff

• helen1972
    347 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 4:44 PM

Right,

Looks like i've started something here, lol so where do we go next ? WGT need to be involved in some way I think yes ?

Do we form some sort of steering committee ? if so, who ? if we do this it has to be done correctly and will therefore take some time !

The box idea I personally think is wonderful, but my original idea of owners tournaments also has some value I think.

Dianne, that was pure genius and exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for, please get in touch with me.

Dumbunny, I know you will be there for me.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets do this, club owners work very hard for the members in their clubs, so it's about time we had a little fun and a say in how things are going within WGT ! and the more club owners we can unite in this the larger the mandate we will have.

Keep your thoughts coming please, and please fell free to contact me directly by making me your friend and messaging me,

Helen.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 10:04 PM

Sounds good to me  count me in

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2011 11:08 PM

Even that im new to this Country Club Owners hat count me in. Would love the chance to bounce a few idea off other CC owners to improve the WGT game

• onebamf
    241 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 12:26 AM

how about this helen run a sign up sheet for all owners that want to play 

give them numbers pull form a hat post the pairings for whatever type game 

owners must contact each other set time of play winner moves on 

give everyone 1 week to play that should be enough time for 1 match 

run it over a 4 week time table pick a different course every week 

have a final round at a course that hadnt been played in the previous weeks

but if you all want to play i think this would be the fastest way to get things started

i have held tourneys using this format and it does seem to work well for me 

have a good day ONE

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 5:31 AM

I'm in Helen, great idea..... Not sure about the 2 CC's, if it can be done, it'll be pretty good, but a Country Club Owners Cup, Match play comp b/tween us all is an idea.

Cheers

Roger ( South East Skins)

• thumbwrench
    40 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 5:37 AM

Count me in too.

Tony (Lake Keowee CC)

• 01Geezer
    35 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 7:15 AM

Helen,

WGT is NOT going to "help" and or accommodate this fantastic Idea.

An alternative suggestion would be to develop an "email invitational list"

And run "your" tournaments Outside of the WGT CC database.

This link is an example of the way I used to run tournaments for several WGT CCs 

http://apcstech.net/SGSEIT

Go through the site and feel free to use anything you want

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2011 8:14 AM

Hi Helen & Others,

Right now, as you know, the way clubs work it's impossible, but it can be easily done in a community organized tournament forum.

Simply pick a tournament direction, set a format you want, and go for it. Same as anything club related can be discussed in the club forum, anything tournament related can be discussed in community organized tournaments forum.

-wgticon

RSS