Forums

Help › Forums

Huge MultiPlayer Glitch

Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:15 PM (28 replies)
  • Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:30 PM

Flags don't always indicate wind direction, as seen above.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 4:08 AM

wow, nice catch.

i never even thought of checking that out with my playing partners.   i've had issues with distances at times in MP, but always just attributed it to "the beast" or "the booze", lol.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:29 AM

Crusty56:

Flags don't always indicate wind direction, as seen above.

It's kind of a habit with me - to always briefly check the flag (instilled at an early age) - and I've never noticed a difference between the flag direction and the wind indicator's direction, but I've never played a MP game. And, when the velocities are low, I must admit that I don't pay as much attention to either, so I may have missed a difference here or there. They are "linked" somehow in the software though, wouldn't they be?

If not, sorry for throwing out the red flag unnecessarily.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:30 AM

I have seen a similar issue at least twice, but I don't believe there was any difference between mine and my opponents wind display.  The issue I've seen is that for at least 7 out of 9 holes the wind was completely wrong!  And myself and the other player both noticed it.  Its rare but it happens, I believe one time was with TallAcePaul and the other was just recently in a ladder match with nwharley.

Something up here...

Lee

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:44 AM

I played a round where a fairly strong wind was blowing in the completely opposite direction for both of us thr entire round. We both commented on it after several horrendous shots by each of us. Perhaps one of the 2 players who had quit earlier in the round had enjoyed the correct wind advantage and didn't realize it?

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:45 AM

it was blowing in the completely opposite direction of what was indicated

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 11:59 AM

Yes that is big. looking back i have seen this and didnt know what was the cause. the remark about the drive, i have seen tht too. thought wow. i'm with tibbs, everyone keep an eye on things and ask each other, jeez some lamo just dropped, what is the wind direction. p.s. he was in the road on #2 Kiawah lol

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 3:51 PM

there's wind?!

OH!  So THAT explains it!!!!!!!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 3:29 PM

I can confirm this bug is still happening as of today.

I was in a 2 player match, and our wind conditions were different for every hole.   Sometimes it was a different direction, sometimes it was a different speed.   The winds I saw were correct for me.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 4:05 PM

Thanks for all the reports. We will look into this.

RSS