Forums

Help › Forums

Huge MultiPlayer Glitch

Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:15 PM (28 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:23 PM

I just got done playing 2 games with Iconian.  Absolutely nothing going right for me, shots going way off, to the point of complete and total bewilderment.

Then I found out why.  Check out the wind in the pictures.  The first is my screenshot, the next is Iconians, same hole.

We compared winds on each hole and came to the realisation that for 2 straight games my reported wind was wrong.  The wind reported for Iconian was correct.

If it happened on one hole, it's a small glitch.  This happened on every hole for 2 games!!

Iconian wanted me to entitle this, "How to beat Tibbets" :)

At any rate, you guys have a  huge problem on your hands.  I feel badly for the Ryder cup matches right now.  We were both connected to psj-gs04.wgt.com.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:27 PM

wgt has finally impemented my idea on how to consistenly beat Tibbets in games!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:40 PM

Hey tibbets... looks like you would've been better off looking at the flag on the stick (judging from the shadows). Hard to tell because the actual flag isn't shown in the pics, but the shadows look similar.

I'm guessing you've got more pix... any with the flags flying different directions? Maybe the graphics are right, but the "windage numbers" are screwed-up?

You're a trooper, though! Went through two games like that? I woulda thrown in the towel. lol!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:30 PM

Any theories as to why it happened or what triggered it?

*boggles*

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:35 PM

It's happening to more than just us, as is being reported to me by different people.  The 3rd time we tried, I had cleared flash cache and restarted, and then we also connected to a different server and everything was back to normal.

If i were you, I would confirm the winds with whoever you play.  If they are different, report it here.  The wind will only be correct for one person.  The wind shown for the other person will NOT be how the wind actually plays.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:44 PM

Hi Tibbets,

Thanks for that info. I am just about ready to play my first Ryder Cup match with Cool, so I guess it might be worthwhile my partner checking out the wind direction before we hit ?

How do we know which wind direction is correct - trial and error eh? During the match ??? :-(

Makes a bit of a lottery out of it .

Anyway thanks again for the info, and we'll keep an eye on it.

Cheers Doug

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:47 PM

The only reason it ended up being pointed out was when IConian hit a drive on #6 and said, "wow 285 into the wind!", and I said, "Into the wind?  My game shows 13mph tailwind".  I guess pay attention to how the ball moves in the air, and to how far shots are going vs. what you expect.  I think once you establish whose wind is correct, it will be correct for that person the whole time, at least it was in the 2 games Iconian and I played.

Sorry, i wish i could be more help.  Good luck :(

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 10:39 PM

Soooo... what about the flags? Were they blowing different directions, or the same for the both of you? Are they to be trusted, at least?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 10:43 PM

No idea about the flags.  By the time we had figured out what was going on, I was relying on his description of the wind on each hole, so i wasn't really paying attention to the flags.

• spitz201
    46 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:12 PM

this explains so much, good find

RSS