Forums

Help › Forums

Is it worth leveling up the M1 from lvl 55 to lvl 74?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:26 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Dad2147
    1,745 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 10:31 AM

A lot of good advice here for you. Only thing I might add here is Your ball. I have used both the Callaway 43 and now use the 33. I couldn't tell much difference between them and felt the Callaway 33 was as good or better and for the same credits I went from 2.0 Duribilty to a 2.5. Not much difference but you will get quite a few mor hits with the 2.5. Just a thought to save you a few more credits. Just my opinion!!

Hit um Straight and Good Luck in your Journey to the top!!!

Dennis

• FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:11 AM

el3n1:

All of the advice above is pretty good, but given your equipment my only thought is rather than considering the driver save your credits possibly for the L85 Cally irons.  They are a similar meter speed to what you are playing now and will have a high trajectory which will help when you move back eventually.

They are now on my list, el3n1, thank you for recommending them.  I'm not praticularly fond of my new set of irons.  They are great when I'm very near the ding, but anything not almost perfectly center shanks the ball horribly.

el3n1:

I found better irons off the back tees made a bigger difference for me because distance off the tee may only change your approach by 1 maybe 2 clubs depending on the wind difference.  By then you may also look at a 3wd upgrade so I say save the credits for now as you could easily spend them in other ways to fill out your bag long term. 

I'm currently very happy with my 3W because it has a slow meter and nice spin, but mainly because I hit it so well.  It's a bit longer than my current 3 iron and like I said earlier, I'm not that fond if the irons, especially the 3 iron due to it's very small sweet spot.  3W will be upgraded quite a bit later.

For now my next purchases will be the Cleveland L78 60' Wedge and the Cleveland L80 64' Wedge.

• FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:13 AM

Dad2147:

... the Callaway 33 was as good or better and for the same credits I went from 2.0 Duribilty to a 2.5. Not much difference but you will get quite a few mor hits with the 2.5. Just a thought to save you a few more credits. 

Thanks, Dennis!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 11:01 AM

FlyingJDiscGolf:
    I'm not that fond if the irons, especially the 3 iron due to it's very small sweet spot.  3W will be upgraded quite a bit later.

Sounds like you have a plan and you are thinking about it ahead of time...getting feedback and incorporating what works well for you.  The key is incorporating those options with your equipment and playing style...some of that I am not sure whether you shared before.  

The other thing is I wasn't sure if you were a desktop or mobile player.  If you played on the mobile device...I would suggest using the SE shirt for example to beef up your 3 wood for coin matches which also delays the need to upgrade, same with the driver, but again it depends on how you spend most of your time playing.  

Some people on mobile really enjoy turf wars and the sponsor boosting apparel which can dramatically alter your clubs...I believe one of the "boosts" is "iron sweet spot" so since you don't care for your irons forgiveness you would use that piece of apparel.  

I am not trying to convert you or anything, but just saying there are ways to get by until you get your desired equipment without spending more credits.  The only down side, those sponsor boosts are not carried over into ranked rounds played, although I believe there is an exception or "bug" with clashes which a report was made that they were observed being available in those.  

Now that I am looking at your name/id again, I am wondering if we haven't played on the mobile platform.  If so, hope we had a good time!  It is hard to chat with a limited amount of time and still figure out or plan a shot if there are tough conditions.  

You are doing great thinking this through!  Good luck!

• FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 11:27 AM

el3n1:

The other thing is I wasn't sure if you were a desktop or mobile player.  If you played on the mobile device...I would suggest using the SE shirt for example to beef up your 3 wood for coin matches which also delays the need to upgrade, same with the driver, but again it depends on how you spend most of your time playing.  

The only down side, those sponsor boosts are not carried over into ranked rounds played, although I believe there is an exception or "bug" with clashes which a report was made that they were observed being available in those.  

Now that I am looking at your name/id again, I am wondering if we haven't played on the mobile platform.  If so, hope we had a good time!  It is hard to chat with a limited amount of time and still figure out or plan a shot if there are tough conditions.  

I am a mobile player only.  Just changed to a Rare SE shirt to add a bit more distance to my 3W.  

My preference is to play ranked rounds, although I do play the sponsorship holes every day also.  It's fun to go one on one with someone who is not a jerk. I'll be keeping an eye out for your name during those matches, I'm in the Rio room mainly.

Thanks again!

• bear4537
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 25 2018 4:09 PM

I think the M1 is a cannon no need to up grade for so few yards and then theres the cost.

• FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:26 PM

lonniescott711:

If anything upgrade your putter . Get the L70 Versa putter as its better than what you have. ...  The L70 Versa has more balance than your current putter . Balance is what helps the putt hold its line especially on long putts . The more balance the better .

Lonnie, thank you so much for this advice.  When you wrote this I was quite happy with my putter (level 59 Odyssey) and didn't want to change, but I investigated balance and became aware of it.  After becoming aware of balance, I started to notice good putts not remain on the line I started them on, it was almost as if the ball hit a spike mark and veered off slightly, many times immediately upon contact if I didn't hit my ding perfectly, causing me to miss 15+ ft putts with negligible breaks on them.  

So I took your advice and bought the level 70 Versa and noticed the pleasing difference immediately.  So buttery.   

• PAGES
RSS