Forums

Help › Forums

Is it worth leveling up the M1 from lvl 55 to lvl 74?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:26 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:11 PM

I'm finally at a high enough level to upgrade to the level 74 M1 driver, but now that I'm here I'm not sure I want to do it.

Level 55 M1

Average Distance 277
    Precision 4.0
    Forgiveness 4.5
    Shot Shaping 0.5
    Spin 1.0
    Meter Speed 4.5

Level 74 M1

Average Distance 280
    Precision 4.5
    Forgiveness 4.5
    Shot Shaping 0.5
    Spin 1.0
    Meter Speed 4.5

Is it worth spending 3K just to get 3 more yards distance on average and 0.5 higher precision?

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:27 PM

I'm at lv 93 and still use my LV 55 M1.

It works fine for me, I won't get another till I hit lv 103. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:36 PM

FlyingJDiscGolf:

I'm finally at a high enough level to upgrade to the level 74 M1 driver, but now that I'm here I'm not sure I want to do it.

Level 55 M1

Average Distance 277
    Precision 4.0
    Forgiveness 4.5
    Shot Shaping 0.5
    Spin 1.0
    Meter Speed 4.5

Level 74 M1

Average Distance 280
    Precision 4.5
    Forgiveness 4.5
    Shot Shaping 0.5
    Spin 1.0
    Meter Speed 4.5

Is it worth spending 3K just to get 3 more yards distance on average and 0.5 higher precision?

No not really but only you can truly decide . If you are happy and playing well with what you have then save the credits . There is nothing carved in stone that says you have to upgrade your clubs after reaching certain levels . 

Since they both have the same trajectory no need for the change . Since you are currently at Master tier you still have a ways to go before your next tee move . Once you reach Legend tier then you will need clubs with high trajectory .

High trajectory increases club loft which causes better spin and helps the ball hold the greens better . So save your credits and start to prepare for your Legend tier up . You will stay where you are as a TourMaster only the greens will get faster . So you have plenty of time . 

What you can do is play a stroke play practice round and move back to the hardest tees . Play from there and see how your clubs stack up . Then plan your club upgrades from there .

If anything upgrade your putter . Get the L70 Versa putter as its better than what you have . Also if you get the L70 Versa , you really wont ever have to buy another putter for as long as you play the game . Its really one of the top 3 putters in the game hands down .

So let that be the club you upgrade and then work on your short game .Learn how to use your wedges and the different shots . Punch pitch and flop shots will help you have easier putts . Easier putts means better scoring . The L70 Versa has more balance than your current putter . Balance is what helps the putt hold its line especially on long putts . The more balance the better .

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:35 PM

2nd that -- don't upgrade not worth it especially from the Master tees there's not really a need for extra distance off the tee.

Also, precision on a driver doesn't really factor in IMO so you really gain nothing there.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:54 PM

+1 to everything Lonnie wrote. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Feb 23 2018 9:20 PM

The numbers are one thing, but there may be more between different clubs.

lonniescott711:
    Since you are currently at Master tier you still have a ways to go before your next tee move .
    This!

Plenty of time before Legend to rise further in level and get access to other clubs. I'd not be fixated at any type or brand - these are only pixels and labels. Look out for real information here!

lonniescott711:
    Once you reach Legend tier then you will need clubs with high trajectory .
    Would not be a measure for drivers IMHO. Some high level drivers have low lofts pointing to low trajectories but are very good regardless.

"High trajectory" is more important for irons and wedges, promising steeper landing and less to no roll, with more spin impact.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 4:24 AM

alosso:

The numbers are one thing, but there may be more between different clubs.

lonniescott711:
    Since you are currently at Master tier you still have a ways to go before your next tee move .
    This!

Plenty of time before Legend to rise further in level and get access to other clubs. I'd not be fixated at any type or brand - these are only pixels and labels. Look out for real information here!

lonniescott711:
    Once you reach Legend tier then you will need clubs with high trajectory .
    Would not be a measure for drivers IMHO. Some high level drivers have low lofts pointing to low trajectories but are very good regardless.

"High trajectory" is more important for irons and wedges, promising steeper landing and less to no roll, with more spin impact.

+1 to both of you. Great Post

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 7:01 AM

I bought the L74 M1 and loved it. It has a rating of 280 yrds but I was getting 290+ yrds off the tee depending on the ball I was using. It took me to the L100 Cally's and now i have the L103. 

• FlyingJDiscGolf
    8 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 8:36 AM

Thank you all very much.  I will focus on the equipment for my short game like you have suggested.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 9:23 AM

That L55 M1 was by far one of my favorite drivers!  In retrospect I could have bypassed one of the upgrades and held onto it for awhile longer.  Now, I am pleased with my current upgrade but I didn't find anything wrong with the L55 M1.  You can also delay or offset the difference a little off the tee with a better ball somewhat.  But I found off of the Master tees, I really didn't need anything more than the L11 Srixon ball which helped me save credits.  

All of the advice above is pretty good, but given your equipment my only thought is rather than considering the driver save your credits possibly for the L85 Cally irons.  They are a similar meter speed to what you are playing now and will have a high trajectory which will help when you move back eventually.  Sometimes that can be faster than you think and other times it can take awhile.  You have some good sticks for the Masters tees so your scoring will drop and since you at playing brackets and ready go's you could find your average drop if you shoot a really good round just from winning.  

I shot a couple good rounds in the free entry WGT tournaments and not only did my average drop after the round, but when I received the credits for winning my average dropped again which ended up getting me promoted to the next tier.  Nothing wrong with that if I deserved it, but it can speed things up. 

I found better irons off the back tees made a bigger difference for me because distance off the tee may only change your approach by 1 maybe 2 clubs depending on the wind difference.  By then you may also look at a 3wd upgrade so I say save the credits for now as you could easily spend them in other ways to fill out your bag long term.  

• PAGES
RSS