Forums

Help › Forums

WGTpoT

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 11:12 AM (22 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:54 AM

Which browsers did you test, Soulcatcher? (It used to work for me yesterday, too.)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 12:20 PM

Google Chrome. Opera never worked for me, even before the August update.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 1:05 PM

Hey guys... I hate to go all 'Faterson' on you and all.. but  you're very

Try the bug log.  Have a nice day! 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 3:13 PM

The explanation might then be, Soulcatcher, that since I've just installed fresh Windows and the most recent versions of all browsers, the issue perhaps only appears in the newest versions of those browsers... I'm typing this in Firefox 3.5.3 right now, but the Link and HTML buttons do not work for me in Chrome 3.0.195.21, either. Casique did not specify which browser he's using.

As to Opera, it worked flawlessly on this site before August 13, both for the game & the forum. All of my forum posts submitted before August 13 were written in Opera. Especially for text-based discussion forums, Opera is blazingly fast compared to the distinctly tardier Chrome, Firefox & IE.

Snaike:
    I hate to go all 'Faterson' on you and all.. but

Ah, you loved every second of it!  Úsmev  You're correct, Snaike, we've hijacked Casique's thread. What we've been discussing is a worthwhile topic by itself, though. The correct moderating response at this point would be to manually fix the broken link in Casique's opening post, and then split this topic, renaming the second topic Dysfunctional Link & HTML Buttons in Forum Posts, or some such, and transferring it to the Bug Log forum subsection. Of course, we don't have that kind of a moderator here, so the split probably won't happen.  Smútok

PS: It's already been discovered why I can't access the Ladders site... My IP address apparently got blocked by an English company by mistake; Šok we're in the process of unblocking it right now. Apologies to all League Tables participants; all technical game results and next month's divisions should be posted later tonight.

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:08 AM

danke faterson :)

it works with IE but no other...........

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:40 AM

casique1:
    it works with IE but no other...........

Exactly what I'm seeing here, too. But using IE for this forum has its special bugs as well. For one thing, IE keeps reverting my keyboard layout from English to Slovak; it's frustrating to have to switch back to English prior to writing every post. Then, IE is very slow in opening many simultaneous tabs in the background, whereas in Opera you can open 20 background tabs with updated forum threads in a sec. In IE, it also appears impossible to insert a smiley into your post simply by highlighting it on another webpage and pressing CTRL+C and then CTRL+V here in the compose editor. Finally, if you want to learn the Internet address of a smiley in IE, you need to right-click the smiley, choose Properties, and then laboriously copy the address from a field there. (Opera & Firefox allow you to copy the smiley's address immediately after the right mouse-click.)

So many bugs and inconveniences when using IE in these forums, and this is currently the best browser to use on these forum pages for those of us for whom inserting links and pressing the HTML button stopped working in Chrome and Firefox! 

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 2:23 PM

Not being funny, but I can't see where the 'quote' functions are here......

And I would like some smilies to access within the forum, rather than having to paste in...!!

Live long and prosper!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 4:16 PM

Hey loveclose... Mr. Faterson wrote an (overly wordy but) exceptional guide to quotes, colors, smilies, et at... over here.

Go through it and you, too, can become an expert at post manipulations.

Peace. 

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:35 PM

I am the epitome of learning from Faterson's exhaustive guide.

• cjhigham1
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:23 AM

alrite larr i herd ur mum is a banana muncher

RSS