Help › Forums

WGTpoT

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 11:12 AM (22 replies)
  • casique1
    370 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:50 AM

howdy

we like to introduce a new homepage for WGT players organized tournaments. We will have several different tournaments each month. If you have suggestions or maby a tournament you will play please let us know :-) Maby you have a group of friends, or a special tournament on mind ? All feedback is welcome. Answer garanted, just wirite me a message or to putter18.

regards

casique1

www.germangolf.de

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:59 AM

casique1:
    www.germangolf.de (cut and paste into browser, this link funktion dosen´t work for me)

www.germangolf.de >>> it works, but sometimes it's necessary to restart the browser several times if the Link button in the compose window throws up an empty pop-up window.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 10:01 AM

Link works well here..

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:03 AM

thx faterson

i try and try, but it disn t work,,,,,,,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:11 AM

Casique, du hast recht! 

This forum is fallling apart in terms of functionality... It looks like the Link and HTML buttons stopped working completely in both Firefox and Chrome. You can't even write forum posts in Opera.

The only browser still working in the forum to some degree is Internet Explorer 8, but it refuses to insert smilies for me (unable to paste smiley directly or even its URL, without employing extreme workarounds).

No matter how good these forums may perhaps look visually, I wish WGT had employed a standards-based solution, such as phpBB (it was good enough for TWO), because in a phpBB forum, everything works as expected, while in this in-house forum software, the bugs seem to be increasing over time, instead of decreasing.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:28 AM

Now, now Faterson. Like the choppy meter, its not WGT. Its YOUR system.

BTW, the forums are working fine for me, in Chrome, Fire Fox, and IE8.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:39 AM

The forums are buggy like hell in all browsers, for all users.

Specifically in this thread, we're talking about the dysfunctionality of the Link and HTML buttons. Do these currently work for you, Crusty? Please post a link to test this.

When I made the first reply to Casique, those things still worked for me in Chrome & Firefox, too. But, as I said, they used to work intermittently, and a browser restart was necessary sometimes to fix that.

Now, it appears that even multiple restarts of a browser don't accomplish anything. (And I'm writing from a machine with freshly re-installed Windows.)

Most of all, it's regrettable that the finest and fastest, and standards-based, browser of them all, Opera, stopped working in these forums on the day of the last product update, 13th of August. As has been mentioned, the bugs in these forums are on the increase, rather than on the decrease.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:41 AM

Same, works fine for me. I think your current computer problems go much further than you thought at first Faterson...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:43 AM

EllisSpice, I have no "current computer problems", this is a machine with freshly re-installed Windows (after hard-drive reformatting).

There are only problems with me being unable to access the Ladders site on the last few days, which may be a router/ISP issue. Currently under investigation.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:47 AM

Works for me.

Diktátor

RSS