5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 3:29 PM

I think the servers are overloaded. 

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:00 PM

pdb1:

Borat74:

Played this game for 6 years now Paul and when the clashes are on i mainly use mobile,coz its still smooth and PC plays crap,its plain and simple unless you play both platforms then you dont know????

Yesterday Wayne , Alan , txdav and I played an alt shot . it started out pretty scary for the 1st hole .We had 2 complete disconnections . Took us all out . In the 2nd one I came back to the game client . With the " Closed for frost sign " Like for during updates .

We all got back on . A couple said " damn CLASHes . Another said we'll be lucky to finish this one . Everyone said Yep .

After that I think in 8 holes one was spinning for a minute . All the way through 9 holes we made it .

In hind sight . There was nothing unusually turbulent about the round . Had much worse when the CLASH wasn't on . It was late aftenoon . the peak of the friday activity .

No proof that the first hole explosion was related to the CLASH . I don't think it was .

I am not saying that it isn't possible that the event could cause some interference . but the same thing happens when the CLASH is not on . And has always happened long before I ever came here 5 years ago .

for me m8 when i play ALT ts so much better when clash is over,still can have meter farts but there less likely to happen when clash is over??

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:08 PM

I don't play clash games (wait, i'm not even in a CC), but i never had problem to find Stroke or AS games (what i usually play), also not experience problems of disconnects, a couple of times that issue of ''busy server'', so i just leave the site & enjoy some book  :)

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:11 PM

Never played a clash. These things are set up for superior clubs, of which mine is not.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:17 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

I don't play clash games (wait, i'm not even in a CC), but i never had problem to find Stroke or AS games (what i usually play), also not experience problems of disconnects, a couple of times that issue of ''busy server'', so i just leave the site & enjoy some book  :)

your lucky then Robert plant?

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 4:34 PM

Borat74:

LEDzZzEPP:

your lucky then Robert plant?

Although I do not believe in luck as such, but in causality, if you mean '' have lucky '' due at not have problems with disconnect etc, well its true ... im not having, is also true im not playing much lately, for example these days im watching the Sony Open (in Hawaii) & dont even bother in play WGT, i just read a bit the forum betwen comercials  :)

Btw, my name is Pablo

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 4:54 AM

Anecdotal evidence about how the game plays before, during and after a clash weekend is certainly interesting but in no way proves anything.  Statistical evidence is needed to prove any of the allegations made about the clashes: whether they affect game play, to how many balls are lost, to the numbers of players involved, to whether WGT created them as a money making scheme.

I am sure that the WGT could give us some accurate answers. But not even they have all of the needed facts to overcome the personal beliefs that we have that we intensify with all of our anecdotes. "I believe X and my story proves X."   Statistical facts don't matter.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:03 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Anecdotal evidence about how the game plays before, during and after a clash weekend is certainly interesting but in no way proves anything. 

Just remember, the plural of anecdote is... data! :-) 

RSS