They know who's behind it.

Does it involve math not lying?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2018 10:18 AM

YankeeJim:
    Does it involve math not lying?

haha..no.

That person is still here and actively racking up credits. He (or she as some call him) wouldn't take the chance. 

The hacking is a personal vendetta/crusade against WGT. 

• 48Starfish
    80 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 6:58 PM

Has happened to 3 of my players...2 in last 24 hours..WGT returns items within 24 hours..question is how to protect our selves against this...should we be changing our passwords...WGT needs to take this seriously...there is a lot more damage could be done if credit info obtained ..not jus virtual equipment..

48starfish Owner Classic Club 

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:40 AM

Had another members account hacked last night, sold off his clubs and gifted balls to a WGT employees account. The common denominator in these account hacks is they all have had the password WGT assigned to them. Change your account passwords people.

I am NOT insinuating that this employee did it, I'm saying this is where the balls were gifted to after members clubs were sold off.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 8:09 AM

HalHoff:
    Had another members account hacked last night, sold off his clubs and gifted balls to a WGT employees account.

This may be a silly question, but how do you know this? Unless you have received screenshots from that person's account activity, or an email from WGT, informing you that's what's happened...

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 8:39 AM

I have screen shots of my members account activity that show who the balls were gifted too after his clubs were sold off. 7 sleeves of level 61 Nike Rzn were gifted to a WGT employee. Again not saying that person did it, that is where the balls were sent. Our club has excellent communication through and app called telegram so that kind of information can easily be shared with our members quickly. His clubs have already been replaced by WGT and he is just awaiting the restoration of his credits.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 9:57 AM

HalHoff:
    I have screen shots of my members account activity that show who the balls were gifted too after his clubs were sold off.

I understand and I choose to trust you without actually seeing them

HalHoff:
    The common denominator in these account hacks is they all have had the password WGT assigned to them.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I never heard WGT was ever assigning passwords. I actually went through the motions of opening a new account just now, to test it. They never even tried to assign anything, I was able to choose my own username and password, without even a suggestion from them. I never finished the process, but all the boxes we're checked as green.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 10:27 AM

mkrizan86:
    I actually went through the motions of opening a new account just now, to test it.

Ya, that's what they all say. Another multi.  LOL  ;-)

It might be Facebook related. IDK how that sign up process works.

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 10:32 AM

On mobile, I cannot find a place to actually change the password. One would have to know how to sign onto WGT.com in order to do that. Quite a few mobile players have never been here. 

• HalHoff
    817 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 10:52 AM

The hacker wrote on my members status bar "more will be learned about the wgt idiots in the coming days this was just the start". They then sold all his clubs and gifted balls to a WGT employee. It is the same name as a moderator that posted yesterday in the community help forum. Since that moderator is still there, I would assume someone is setting him up. 

RSS