Forums

Help › Forums

Multiple Hacked Accounts

Tue, Jan 9 2018 7:53 AM (35 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:04 PM

Ran across a video from Jason about several accounts that have been hacked. Seemingly, the clubs are sold off, and the credit balance in the player's account is blitzed/gifted/transferred.

Without going back to look, I think the accounts that are vulnerable are any opened in 2015 or after.

Not only can the hacked accounts be drained of credits, but if you have any personal info or financial info listed, it's there to be seen, too. 

Here's the video from Jason (Young46)

Hacked Accounts

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:38 PM

Why didn't Jason step up and share this when he found it?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 12:20 AM

YankeeJim:

Not sure. I think the video is only a couple of days old, and maybe he was/is waiting on more info from WGT. 

I just ran across it when going to You Tube to clean out some vids of my own. I asked him if I could post it. 

Maybe WGT told him not to post it, and I'll be the one to get in trouble.

Won't be the first time, and definitely won't be the last.

What he's telling is very scary, though. 

My thinking is that whoever is/was hacking accounts (and WGT) could be in legal trouble if the wrong info is hacked and used. 

Also, I'm sure it's very easy to see exactly who is doing it, since there are beneficiaries to the credits.

I hope WGT banned the hacker(s) AND those who profited or gained credits. 

More importantly, I hope WGT will forget that silly clash and ball effect crap and hire a decent programmer solely to take a look at this and fix it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:24 AM
    YankeeJim:

He said, he didn't want to create panic.

Wgt know about it, confirmed it and will have a lot more detail about what's happened/the scale of it, why should it be Jason sharing romours and educated guesses?
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:26 AM
    Worrying stuff for sure, and interesting that it appears that you do not have to be computer savvy!

This was during the holiday season, so I think Jason did post ASAP after he did some due diligence.My guessing is this thread may not last, which would be a shame as this is one area total transparency is required.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:39 AM

Well done Jason, and i hope WGT is doing everything possible to prevent this from happening again. As mentioned, WGT should be upfront about this and keep us in the loop about what is going on.

Bjorn

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 3:16 AM

As far as WGT is concerned, there hasn’t been any official statements about any type of hacking around here. If any type of hacking was involved, then not only WGT any firm or company or organisation should make sure that the hacking is resolved and the users should be made aware of it. Till now WGT hasn’t mentioned a word about it.

This video is purely a guess and a pre conceived notion. This hell as sure would make some people panic. 

The video creator specifically mentioned WGT’s name without any proof and WGT sure can sue the video creator for an X amount of breaking WGT rules and damage of reputation to The Company. And above all this video is a living proof of that. This type of irresponsible jumping gun situation was made public in the past too.

-Carl

• HalHoff
    809 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:17 AM

Has happened to 2 of our members. Accounts drained through Blitz games which they do not play as they are mobile only. To WGTs credit, they immediately restored those members accounts within an hour of notification. I brought this to the attention of WGT when the second member had it happen a day after the first one which was 12/24. WGT said they would investigate and take appropriate action in relation to their accounts (which they immediately restored to where they were) . Due to privacy issues, they could not advise me of the outcome to their investigation. 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:38 AM

There will always be theft  of some kind. Nature of the beast I assume. I am going to go and delete my credit card from my profile right away and thanks for posting.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 1:33 PM

HalHoff:
    Due to privacy issues, they could not advise me of the outcome to their investigation. 

Evidently they can't figure it out, or haven't figured it out. An account that was hacked gifted a ton of Nike balls on Dec. 30 and Dec 31 (yesterday and the day before). The gifter's equipment wouldn't be enough to make the purchases and he also hasn't won enough to even buy 2 sleeves of cheap balls. 

I honestly don't think WGT can stop it. Only fix it (replace gear/credits) after the fact.

The weird thing is it only affecting accounts created in or after 2015. Seems that WGT changed something during that year and should be able to see what it was and patch it, or do whatever it takes to prevent it from happening.

RSS