Help › Forums

Meter Stats

Sun, Jan 20 2019 3:20 PM (40 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 11:51 AM

LuckySkreet:

jayw4862:

It seems that it counts putts, too. Makes it worthless. Must be part of the WGT SS ruse.

Yup.....    pretty much worthless.......

Unless you're strictly a "ding player," which I am not. In any case, harmless.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 11:53 AM

How is it worthless just because it counts putts? Otto is a ding player.

• hognutz03
    13 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 12:25 PM

Since we are talking meters any advice for a choppy or drunk meter. Lately my meters is going backwards but if i drink 13 adult beverages before the 2nd. hole. We both start to get tuned in together.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:44 PM

YankeeJim:

Auto-dingers are based on meter speed, which is never the same (the meter speed will be different on every shot), thus making auto-dingers no different than playing w/o it (watch the You Tube video of that guy using it..he misses dings using it more than some people do not using it and using free promo balls).

Macros can be set to use with a gaming mouse (or hotkey) to automatically click the mouse at an exact spot on the monitor (ex: front rt button for ding click, front left for an early click, and back right for late click. The gamers use/expoit this. Dinging every shot isn't always best. Plus, IF there is a SS that checks for ding rates, they will make everything seem normal. Cheat engine can be used same way..slow the meter, hit early, ding it, or hit late (Jo has a video of an idiot showing off using CE).

My opinion is that the meter stat thing is either for show, to spook the cheats (which it won't) or there really is some way for WGT to check ding rates and they can pull up someone's cards at a later date and say "see, we have proof". 

The reason counting the putts (and tee shots other than par 3's) is worthless is this: Say I play Bandon 18 holes. I ding 6 of 18 tee shots (33%). I have 9 birdies and 9 pars (45) . Of those putts, I have 9 one-putts and 9 two-putts (27 putts). I ding (the easiest shot to ding on here is the putt... excluding starter ball and crap gear users) 24 of my 27 putts  (dinged 9 birdie putts and 9 tap-in par putts and 6 birdie misses) which is 89%.

That would show me as 67% ding rate for the round. WGT bans players who have 70% ding rate (we know for fact that they use this reasoning/excuse). A 45 at Bandon in mod/low winds is not going to win anything. I'm hitting like crap, shooting crappy scores and also bordering on that 70% ding rate, according to the meter stat thing. 

That's why counting putt dings is worthless. 

More than likely, this is just more gimmicky crap (same as that little blue box of stats).

The whole idea is dumb. Dinged shots aren't always good shots and missed ding shots are not always bad shots. 

I try to ding every single shot I hit. The only time I "might" hope to hit early or late is with 28-31 crosswinds. To me, it's better to add 20% to the aim and ding it, than it is to try and hit early and end up dinging anyway or hitting way too early and losing mega yardage because of it.

Lucky for me, my putter doesn't hold lines like the top putters, so I miss-ding as many or more of my putts than I ding.

I will add that when I say it's worthless, I'm leaning towards it being something to do/discourage cheats.

Some players may like seeing how many total shots/putts they dinged, and whether they hit too many late/early shots and what to work on. From that perspective, it's not worthless, but gimmicky.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:22 PM

Read the whole thing twice to make sure I understood it, Jay, and I'll just disagree. Well presented, though.  I think there's something to it but it ain't worth that kind of in-depth analysis to me. Whatever's up will surface eventually.  ;-)

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:33 PM

jayw4862:
    WGT bans players who have 70% ding rate (we know for fact that they use this reasoning/excuse)

I've not heard of this before.....I'm off to Search>>>

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 4:51 PM

jayw4862:

YankeeJim:

Auto-dingers are based on meter speed, which is never the same (the meter speed will be different on every shot), thus making auto-dingers no different than playing w/o it (watch the You Tube video of that guy using it..he misses dings using it more than some people do not using it and using free promo balls).

Macros can be set to use with a gaming mouse (or hotkey) to automatically click the mouse at an exact spot on the monitor (ex: front rt button for ding click, front left for an early click, and back right for late click. The gamers use/expoit this. Dinging every shot isn't always best. Plus, IF there is a SS that checks for ding rates, they will make everything seem normal. Cheat engine can be used same way..slow the meter, hit early, ding it, or hit late (Jo has a video of an idiot showing off using CE).

My opinion is that the meter stat thing is either for show, to spook the cheats (which it won't) or there really is some way for WGT to check ding rates and they can pull up someone's cards at a later date and say "see, we have proof". 

The reason counting the putts (and tee shots other than par 3's) is worthless is this: Say I play Bandon 18 holes. I ding 6 of 18 tee shots (33%). I have 9 birdies and 9 pars (45) . Of those putts, I have 9 one-putts and 9 two-putts (27 putts). I ding (the easiest shot to ding on here is the putt... excluding starter ball and crap gear users) 24 of my 27 putts  (dinged 9 birdie putts and 9 tap-in par putts and 6 birdie misses) which is 89%.

That would show me as 67% ding rate for the round. WGT bans players who have 70% ding rate (we know for fact that they use this reasoning/excuse). A 45 at Bandon in mod/low winds is not going to win anything. I'm hitting like crap, shooting crappy scores and also bordering on that 70% ding rate, according to the meter stat thing. 

That's why counting putt dings is worthless. 

More than likely, this is just more gimmicky crap (same as that little blue box of stats).

The whole idea is dumb. Dinged shots aren't always good shots and missed ding shots are not always bad shots. 

I try to ding every single shot I hit. The only time I "might" hope to hit early or late is with 28-31 crosswinds. To me, it's better to add 20% to the aim and ding it, than it is to try and hit early and end up dinging anyway or hitting way too early and losing mega yardage because of it.

Lucky for me, my putter doesn't hold lines like the top putters, so I miss-ding as many or more of my putts than I ding.

I will add that when I say it's worthless, I'm leaning towards it being something to do/discourage cheats.

Some players may like seeing how many total shots/putts they dinged, and whether they hit too many late/early shots and what to work on. From that perspective, it's not worthless, but gimmicky.

One of the best posts read in here. Very well done sir!

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 5:06 PM

I shot 2 ranked  27's today, yes on easy courses.. I hit the dinger a total of 3 times, twice I hit the dinger on the drive by accident, the other time it hit the ding while trying a little pull shot from 120 yards or so..

I really did enjoy seeing how much I used the left and right side of the meter after those rounds were over....WGT might have a backdoor reason for this being implemented in the game, ..but it kicks a$$ compared to anything WGt has done in the last several years..

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 5:16 PM

So here's my first since learning of this.

71.4%

Pretty obviously a par 3 course. 6 birds, so 12 of the 21 shots were putts and I hit all greens. I still use the L7# Method - very easy to ding. (Still believe it's better than the stats say.)

I didn't note, but I probably didn't ding a few putts, but close enough to drop. I also didn't keep track of tee shots, but it did feel like I was dinging a bit more than normal. 

Hopefully, my pace of play keeps WGT from scrutinizing me too much. 

:^)

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 7:45 AM
    HittyHard:

jayw4862:
    WGT bans players who have 70% ding rate (we know for fact that they use this reasoning/excuse)

I've not heard of this before.....I'm off to Search>>>

Not heard of this either. It's a good thing I'm an off-ding putter because I'm pretty sure that I DO ding more than 70% of other shots. I have a steady meter and good hand/eye coordination to credit for that - not anything quirky or cheat-y.

EDIT: and an off-ding flopper, too
RSS