Help › Forums

Meter Stats

Sun, Jan 20 2019 3:20 PM (40 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 7:51 AM

HittyHard:

jayw4862:
    WGT bans players who have 70% ding rate (we know for fact that they use this reasoning/excuse)

I've not heard of this before.....I'm off to Search>>>

Don't bother, it's long gone. Suffice to say, it was a dark spot that got immense attention and subsequently exposed some bad stuff. Heads rolled. The only way you'll know anything is to talk to someone from that time. You won't see it here, the long thread that dealt with it and several others were deleted.

The moral of the story became math doesn't lie.  ;-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 8:13 AM

Also, don't believe it.  Not a chance they ban on ding % alone.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 8:26 AM

kavvz:

Also, don't believe it.  Not a chance they ban on ding % alone.

Good point, K, especially when you can actually buy a ding (sorta) using the shot pal.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 8:33 AM

I think the meter stat will be a good tool.   I've only played one 9 hole game since it was installed and I found it useful---NOT---useless.

I shot a 32 with 9 earlies, 11 dings and12 lates. To me, that is very good info on my reaction time with the meter.

Now if I wanted to keep track of this info, I will be able to see what my trends are for getting close to the ding and maybe try and make adjustments to it to improve on it.

Just saying.  Good tool.   Take it or leave it !

Gary

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 8:41 AM

I like it too, and think it's a nice addition.

Sure some off ding players won't find it useful, but they're making the game for everyone not just off dingers.

Kind of like the magic wand gimmicky stuff.  People just like to complain on the Internet.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 9:41 AM

I'm not quite sure how to use it for anything useful when you factor in the fact that you may be hitting into a wind on the left and the right in the same round intentionally. I, myself, only focus on dings for putting and do miss intentionally on approaches-just a line or 2, nothing drastic but a miss is a miss.. Thinking more to the useless side now.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 10:06 AM

For some no doubt they won't see the benefit.

I've watched a lot of fmags rounds, and it looks to me as if he's trying to ding everything.  Now maybe he isn't I don't know but it's just one example.  

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 10:41 AM

Ditto that,

The last three rounds have had consistent results, ding a little over a third of the time, a little more late than early. Not sure how to use that information, but it's a good indicator (methinks off-ding putts and wind shots will even out, at least in the long run),

garylewisgr:

I think the meter stat will be a good tool.   I've only played one 9 hole game since it was installed and I found it useful---NOT---useless.

I shot a 32 with 9 earlies, 11 dings and12 lates. To me, that is very good info on my reaction time with the meter.

Now if I wanted to keep track of this info, I will be able to see what my trends are for getting close to the ding and maybe try and make adjustments to it to improve on it.

Just saying.  Good tool.   Take it or leave it !

Gary

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 12:45 PM

Mcduff61:

The Greek cheat likes it so it's all good...

No time to report all the morons like you in here, so all good...

Fairwell American bozo...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 5:45 PM

Mcduff61:

The Greek cheat likes it so it's all good...

Holy crap you are way off the mark there. The guy is just plain good so calling him a cheat is an asinine remark. You might want to back that up or apologize. 

RSS