Forums

Help › Forums

spastic swing meter-hesitation-stopping

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 20 2017 1:05 PM (4 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 9:12 AM

Lately my swing meter often runs jittery, or sometimes my game will freeze up completely, or continue only after a delay of many seconds. I have Windows 10 on my laptop & use Google as my browser. Up until recently I had no issue for several years with an erratic swing meter, or if I did it was very brief. 

I've cleared my Google cache a few times recently, but problem still persists, & this problem jacks up my score considerably, or halts my game for annoying periods. Can anyone with decent computer skills offer any suggestions? I'm not real proficient in computer skills, so please take time to explain in terms I can understand. For what it's worth, I have not done any changes to my laptop or browser in quite some time. I also use Ad Blocker Plus, but this has never been an issue for the 3 years I've used it. 

I seem to be able to correct the problem temporarily by closing out my game & exiting the WGT website, but then I lose CC credits if I closeout my game. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:56 AM

slimjym:
    I have not done any changes to my laptop

Might be the problem right there, especially if you keep flash up to date. Determine what video card your computer uses, go to their site and get the most recent drivers. Most have a way for you to sign up for email alerts when new drivers are released. 

slimjym:
    not real proficient in computer skills

Not sure in Win 10, but you should be able to determine your video card under Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Device Manager. Might be labeled a bit differently in 10.

Good Luck.

• tolleys
    297 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:23 AM

when playing a game right click go to settings look at wot you are allowing wgt  look see if the dots are in the right place  if you are running on google chrome  you need to uninstall flash player as chrome  runs its own

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:33 AM

JimbeauC:

slimjym:
    I have not done any changes to my laptop

Might be the problem right there, especially if you keep flash up to date. Determine what video card your computer uses, go to their site and get the most recent drivers. Most have a way for you to sign up for email alerts when new drivers are released. 

slimjym:
    not real proficient in computer skills

Not sure in Win 10, but you should be able to determine your video card under Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Device Manager. Might be labeled a bit differently in 10.

Good Luck.

On windows 10 from the start menu scroll down to windows administration tools>System information>Components> Display. This will give you the info on graphics

• slimjym
    141 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 1:05 PM

Thanks for reply-Found I have Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 & subsequently updated latest version, as well as updating latest version Adobe Flash. Will see if this corrects problem?

To Tolleys: Thanks for reply. Did the above to see if this helps my problem, but was a tad confused about your saying I should uninstall Adobe. I haven't had any issue with it installed for several years until recently, so I am going to try the above first without uninstalling. 

RSS