Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 1:45 AM

lost 4 down to lillaszak

lill played steady i missed a few short putts and thats what cost me,

nice early morning spin though 

all the best lill

paul

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 2:04 AM

MainzMan:

alcaucin:

Thinking about it....

Scored MP defaults to hard locations if memory serves..

Forget I said anything !!  ;))

In theory yes Andy, but it seems no in reality.

In my match earlier we had the front pin on #8 but apparently in the match involving Mags last night they had the back pin.

The difference is not inconsiderable.

I don't see that Paul can do anything about this though so I guess we just have to grin and bear it.

Yep agreed, I recall last years tournament also had a similar situation on Congressional #6 where matches were played from different pins.  I guess you just have to go with the randomness.

I recall doing a few trial MP set ups with a fellow Champion tier player PeteWinyard and getting differing tees each time.

• massimoneg
    2,572 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:35 AM

Very well played Leroy ntmtu too and gl for the rest of the tourney

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:09 AM

Just to clarify:

Group 4: Round 1 Match 2 Tie 7: 489 HoylakeHunter beat 496 Massiemoneg.

It has been scored the other way round on the group 4 results and the tables pages.

• Debrug
    279 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:26 AM

Group 2 Match 1.

Villains Vs Georgian - Debrug vs GordonParker

Debrug wins 3 up, in a game way closer than the score suggests, 2 up after two, then stride for stride pretty much all the way to the 17th.

Good luck with the remainder Liam.

David

• Leggoman13
    8,266 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:50 AM

Group 4

Match 3

Bravehearts Patriots vs SEL Thunder Chickens

Leggoman13 vs Forrrrrrrr   halves after 18 holes, its a Draw

Was nice to walk the course with Greg, Gentleman on the course and very good player.

We had some great shot and some not so good, It was a pleasure to play a game with him.

Best of luck in the World Cup, all the best

cheers

Pierre :o)

• RossTipping
    30 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 5:11 AM

Group 1 Match 2

No Quitters Old Timers vs Outkasts A

Rosstipping vs gregcuk (ross tipping wins 3&2)

Good game played in horrible conditions and some very strange winds.  I started well in the F9 and built up a lead, Greg thought back in the B9 but ultimately the handicap crippled him.

Happy with my debut in the WC and looking forward to playing some more games.  All the best to Greg in his remaining matches.

Ross

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 5:28 AM

Group 2, Match 6.

Fairway Fanatic's V No quitters Purple Cobras

Williams01210021 V JohanMalta

Williams wins 2 up

A great match between myself and Johan, I took a early lead but didnt take advantage of Johan's bad putting on the front, He played some great shots around the turn and took the lead and went 2 up. With 5 holes to go i found some nice birdies which was helped by having 2 approach shots land just inside Johans so he could show me the line, 17 was the hole that changed it, Both landing on the green but Johan had a monster putt and pushed it past by 7 ft, i had a 19 ft putt which stopped a millimetre short but Johan couldn't convert his par putt and i went into the last 1 up. Both on in 2 and i had a 6ft for the win which went in to the seagulls delight. Didnt actually have time to concede the last putt for Johan so it goes down as a 2 up but was irrelevant. A great game and a great player to play against. 

" border="0" style="max-height:400px;max-width:500px;" alt="" />

" border="0" alt="" />

• PaulBurtner
    30 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 7:06 AM

PaulBurtner vs. wrinkles - match ended in a DRAW.

• xxblueeyesxx
    433 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:17 AM

Group 4  Rd1  match 4

xxblueeyesxx  vs maccaunited

xxblueeyesxx wins 2 up 

excellent game and an excellent guy ......... and this is why i like this format cuz you meet some excellent players and people and look forward to playing again

thank you very much for putting this tourney on

Troy

RSS