Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 1:54 AM

great work everyone and the best of luck to all involved, enjoy yourselves out there

• carlosdev
    2,532 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 2:00 AM

Good Luck Everyone !! :) :) 

-Carl

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:19 AM

Thanks Finny & friends, and Go CN!

• ri99
    446 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:16 AM

Wishing to start this competition. Great work of all the organizers.

Ri99

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:32 AM

Happy World Cup'ing everyone, good luck in round 1.

We just happen to draw a bye 1st round.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:32 AM

Will be posting all when I get home in a couple of hours bear with me at work

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:35 AM

Paul,

Quick question so I don't have to read through the whole thread....in Matchplay games, are specific holes to be conceded like last year? Cheers.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 7:38 AM

jus got in 

here is all you need to know

The  world cup of golf 2018

Well here we go again

It’s that time of year when we all make new friends and enjoy the next six months playing golf  and having a chat to someone who may be on the other side of the world

This comp has truly gone global with an even greater participation this year,

We have 35 teams in with around 420 players ranging from tour masters to champions,

Our reigning champs wooden tee will have a tough time retaining their cup especially with the new teams taking part this year,

Me,Nico and Paul(dotty) will be covering 24 hours round the clock  to catch up with all the posts I’m sure will be on the forum,

I would like to say a big personal thank you to nigel(wupta) who has worked very hard on the spreadsheets which look amazing and make our job so easy to work with,

Enough of my waffling let’s get this year’s world cup under way,

Round 1

March 1st  to march 15th

St Andrews golf club

18 holes match play

The home of golf, a true links course. it is a risk and reward course with massive greens  but lots of breaks on them, some very nasty fescue to catch any errant drives and horrible pot bunkers, a great course to kick off the world cup,

All matches are on page 1 of this forum in the groups and tabs at the bottom of the page,

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any gimmies must be agreed by both players before start

Any player with a -2 by their name must concede holes 5 and 14

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

i would suggest  a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts,theres no panic to get the game played and have a chat inbetween,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for round 1 and sponsors

Round 1

1st march to 15th march

St Andrews links

Alcaucin

1 sleeve

Hole 8

Birchi

1 sleeve

Hole 17 ntp 2nd shot

Stevereilly

1 Sleeve

Hole 11

There is a separate thread for all ctth challengers, do not post on this forum or we may miss it,

Make sure you have a photo shot or the back up of your opponent will do,

Stu(spino1) or me will contact the sponsors after the round has finished,

dont forget to check the ctth forum,there are some sleeves for some special shots

there is also a sperate thread for any live matches so please if you can let us all see what fine players you are,

THE ARRANGING RULES PLEASE READ

Arranging matches

Player 1

If you are the player 1 it is up to you to send a friend invite to your opponent and keep an eye on your friend list to make sure he has accepted it. If they do not accept it after 3 days let your captain know ASAP please.

Once they have accepted your friend invite it is up to them to send you a message stating what time zone they are in and what days and times they can play there match with you

You then can reply with an answer from there pick of times and dates but please remember to check the time difference 6pm where you are not 6pm all over the world so please adjust the time difference.

Player 2

If you are the player 2 you just wait for a friend invite once you have received it you need to send him some dates that you can play your match

Something like this

Hi thanks for the friend invite my time zone is GMT

Times I can play are

Thursday 24th at 7pm to 8pm my time

Friday 25th at 8pm to 9pm my time

ETC the more dates you can give them the better

But please make sure you put a time not just Thursday night or Friday night.

Do not wait for a player to be green

That does not mean anything.state an exact time between you when you

Both free and play,

That’s about it all I can say is enjoy the game and have fun

go with this attitude and it will be great 6 months

finny

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 10:15 AM
    Awesome work on the spreadsheets guys Best of luck to all participants !
  • SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 12:39 PM

good luck e1

RSS