Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • CobraSEye
    521 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 12:11 PM

Seems the good players need to calculate instead of playing without. I dont think a good player is one that is using such tool but those that can play withoutt are

birchi:

Don't make a fool of yourself, Cobra, using excel sheets is standard practice among good players.

CobraSEye:
    For now i lost my game in round 8 under protest.
    Your posts are a joke, no one will take them seriously.

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 12:51 PM

Shovs all star twats  v   Scottish Braveheart Patriots

Due to work commitments Lingling18  is unable to play his match against Metsjik.

I have substituted Lingling for  12  Geet442   Champion

Harry

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 1:03 PM

CobraSEye:

Seems the good players need to calculate instead of playing without. I dont think a good player is one that is using such tool but those that can play withoutt are

birchi:

Don't make a fool of yourself, Cobra, using excel sheets is standard practice among good players.

CobraSEye:
    For now i lost my game in round 8 under protest.
    Your posts are a joke, no one will take them seriously.

Other than real life golf this is a game based on simple math, so it would be foolish not to make those calculations. If you are doing them in your head, on a calculator next to you, or have the formulas in a standardised excel sheet (what you would call a "tool", I guess) is really a distinction without a difference. Every good player does them one way or another though instead of just whacking the ball depending on what your mood is that day.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 1:22 PM
    The time was 60 seconds. If i m not wrong it means you have 60 sec to shoot. Anything else is about your method that can be by feel, by spreedsheet by calculator math.. or by math in your brain.. it s very tough for me understand the discussion and what u really asked to the staff of this world cup. It s up to you what kind of player u want be but i know few players able to play by feel only and get good results.
  • Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 1:45 PM

Guys,

Im sure you all know where we stand with these kind of comments by now.  Please use the forum for banter, not for airing your frustrations. There are easy channels in place to sort this.

Finn will contact captains asap.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 1:47 PM

can i just put an end to this discussion now

the default time is 90secs per shot,if a player takes 89secs to take each shot then that is within the rules period no arguements,

if both players agree then they can whatever tey want but it has to be agreed before they tee off,

finny

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 5:25 PM

Group 3 - Rnd 8 - Match 1 - Tie 4

AAA vs IndianRed 

406 Tiewaz wins 3 up vs 516 Gman4l60

Thanks again for many laughs, good company & a great game Gary!

All the best going forwards mate!

Cheers,

Waz.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:13 PM

Group 4

Round 8 @ Kiawah Island

Match 3

Tie #1

Senators730 (#53) -2  v's Balrajs (#85)

Balrajs won 4 & 3

Raj (Balrajs) said Senators was a good sportsman who played well but just couldn't convert some of his chances that came his way

• Gman4l60
    170 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 4:58 AM

Congrats Tiewaz on the win you played well !!! I had fun and enjoyed the company very much . Look me up out on the course sometime would enjoy a chance for redemption lol. Good luck on moving forward my friend!!!!

• Cuser44
    1,045 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 6:28 AM

Round 8 Group 2

ECCC 2 v SEL

Cuser44 v    PhilEStein

Played my match with PhilEStein this morning and fell to a good Champion 3&2.  He chipped in an eagle on 7 and my putt slid over the right edge.  Phil added another hole on 8.  I was down 2 at the turn.  I managed to make 1 up before Phil took control and secured the victory.

RSS