Help › Forums

Browser Advice Plea

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 21 2017 2:54 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Enigmatist
    57 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:41 AM

Good day to you all. I,m looking for advice as to installing a new browser following a decision I’m regretting today to “upgrade” to a recommended Maxthon Browser. The previous Maxthon browser worked well with a very even meter movement. Sadly the upgrade has left me with a meter speed which renders the game unplayable. Is there a consensus as to a browser which is considered reliable in the context of a smooth meter operation. Responses gratefully received.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:53 AM
    Use the search box to find a thread about the Pale Moon browser. It was posted about a month ago, and mentions a specific version that works really well. There have been a couple of updates since then, but I am still using the recommended one and have no complaints.
    You need to be sure to go in and turn off automatic updates if you go that route. I also use Maxthon Cloud (4.9) and have had good luck with it. i also keep if from automatically updating.
    good Luck.
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:05 AM

Enigmatist:
    Good day to you all. I,m looking for advice as to installing a new browser following a decision I’m regretting today to “upgrade” to a recommended Maxthon Browser. The previous Maxthon browser worked well worth a very even meter movement. Sadly the upgrade has left me with a meter speed which renders the game unplayable. Is there a consensus as to a browser which is considered reliable in the context of a smooth meter operation. Responses gratefully received.

Look in your download directory. You might still have the older version of Maxthon installer there. 

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:28 AM
    I use chrome and the game works well. HOWEVER, i also have the "Advanced System Care" program installed and with that i use the "Superb Game Boost" that shuts down various backgroundthingys and releases RAM-memory to smooth things. Have tried about ten other browsers but Chrome works best on my PC :)) /////Bjorn
  • ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:54 AM
    borntobesting :
    Look in your download directory. You might still have the older version of Maxthon installer there.
    Good tip there from Joe.

If that proves fruitless, you can download previous Maxthon versions from here....

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 5:06 AM
    I use Opera and the meter has been choppy since the windows upgrade to V.1709. I just got the newest update for Opera, just now, I'll give it a try and get back to you all.
  • hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 5:28 AM
    Enigmatist:
    Good day to you all. I,m looking for advice as to installing a new browser following a decision I’m regretting today to “upgrade” to a recommended Maxthon Browser. The previous Maxthon browser worked well worth a very even meter movement. Sadly the upgrade has left me with a meter speed which renders the game unplayable. Is there a consensus as to a browser which is considered reliable in the context of a smooth meter operation. Responses gratefully received.
    meter problem may be FLASH PLAYER, not browser. i have maxthon browser with latest flash version (27.0.0.170)and have no problem.
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 7:33 AM
    Enigmatist:
    The previous Maxthon browser worked well
    http://www.oldapps.com/maxthon.php
    Archive of older Maxthon versions ^^^
  • Enigmatist
    57 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 11:14 AM

Thank yous to phred and everyone who has responded to my cry for browser assistance. It has been really helpful.

I looked at the specs of the PaleMoon 64 version 27.5.1 and downloaded the programme.

The set up is a little more complex than say Chrome or Maxthon, for a computer Luddite like me but I got there after 20 mins.

I tested it on 9 holes and it was remarkably smooth.

Question to Phred.

what is the pathway or tab that gives me the opportunity to turn off automatic updates?

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 12:38 PM
    ScottHope:
    borntobesting :
    Good tip there from Joe.

If that proves fruitless, you can download previous Maxthon versions from here....

How could you have inserted that image if wgt deleted INSERT MEDIA?
  • PAGES
RSS