Forums

Help › Forums

Apocky-clipse

Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:17 PM (27 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 5:07 PM

77Rachel:
    I really have considered flying to the greater Boston area just to slap one of them, lol.

I'll pick you up at Logan

77Rachel:

Much of what we think we know, we don't know.

True wisdom, is to know, what you don't know

My boy Confucius, coined that before the big "J" showed up

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 2:02 PM

gonfission:
    My boy Confucius, coined that before the big "J" showed up

...Confucius then lit the big "J" and inhaled deeply.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 2:26 PM

77Rachel:
    Polar bears dont poop in the woods.

Of course not.  They use holes cut in the ice by the Inuit seal-hunters...  ;-)

"Watch out where the Huskies go..."

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:09 PM

How to catch a polar bear:

Cut a hole in the ice.  Open a can of green peas and place the peas in a circle around the hole.  When the polar bear bends over to take a pea, kick him in the icehole.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:36 PM

did humpty dumpty really fall?

or was it one of the kings men that pushed him?

did they really try to put him together again?

but the biggest question is

who decided  that  X=1?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:08 PM

I'm on it guys, I'll let you know as soon as the meds kick in.

Doc :)

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:48 PM

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

- Douglas Adams'  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:30 AM

DarkenRahl:

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

- Douglas Adams'  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Haha, the only book series I have ever read that literally made me laugh out loud while I read it.

But, lets face it: Douglas Adams is an idiot and his character's math was simply incorrect.

Assuming that there is an infinite amount of worlds in an infinite amount of space (which itself is debatable), there is a percentage that is inhabited.  Any percentage of infinity is infinity also.

If there is an infinite amount of inhabited worlds with an infinite number of inhabitants, it seems likely that somewhere out there is an exact copy of Douglas Adams himself, and I suspect if he ever encountered his other self (or any of the infinite amount of other selves that likely exist in this scenario), he is likely to argue with himself about all of this anyway. As stated earlier, Douglas Adams, as silly and funny as he is, happens to be an idiot.

#BigHugeSmiles

Rach**

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:55 AM

DarkenRahl:
    It is known

I knew that ;-)

PaulTon:
    ...Confucius then lit the big "J" and inhaled deeply.

BLASPHAMY!!!

But nobody cared after, "Let there be a lighter"   :-)

RSS