Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 12:05 PM

So much more than just a CC. SEL is a real community and full of fantastic people. World Cup is on the horizon,  SEL will be running at least 3 teams.

If your CC is not interested and you are, pop into SEL and join the family.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2018 8:31 PM

Our Trio's league has just begun. 60 players, 20 evenly matched teams of three.

8 weeks of 9 holes per week. Plenty of players and friendly banter. All of our in house "fun" comps are well supported by the members.

From one on one Matchplay to playing with starter clubs and the "Nude" balls. SEL has it all.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 7:59 PM

World Cup just around the corner. This is the most fun you can have on WGT.

SEL looking to put 4 teams in. If your club is not in why not have a go?

See World Cup  post in this forum for more details.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:21 PM

Hurry up World Cup.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 8:55 PM

One of our most popular events is the DE Matchplay.

Double Elimination means your not out until you lose twice.

Very popular and great for meeting other members.

What have you got to lose?

The next DE will be just around the corner so now is a great time to join SEL and see what all the fuss is about.

SEL- Often copied but never replicated.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:08 PM

SEL is much more than just a CC. It is a thriving community. Last year one of our members decided to climb a mountain. Whilst doing so with the support of SEL and his friends and family raised a great deal of money for a very worthy charity.

SEL is different, unique and 1 of a kind. Well we like to think so, lol. I mean how many CC's send one of their members up a mountain?

The fact that he even came back down alive was a shock to us all.....  :-)

29

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:34 PM

Could not agree more Jacko... What our good friend did was so inspiring we gave him our full support, Cheering him on all the way..

This person is a great friend of mine but just one of my extended Family at SEL

I`m not the type to Bullsh!t anybody and tell you this CC is the best, You find out for yourself if and when you get here...

What I will say and mean is ... You could not ask for better company, Lovely People playing at different levels and every single one of us being Surrounded by Genuine People willing and going out of their way to help one other and I for one give this My thumbs in comparison to Real life any day..

You are all stars in My eyes gang

PS.... 29 go Pip

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 1:58 PM

Lutjanid:
    I mean how many CC's send one of their members up a mountain?

Majestic Mountain Country Club sends all their members up the mountain.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 6:56 PM

We send a lot of ours to the "Basement". A charming place with it's own Strawberry ice cream machine. The new couches arrived last week and the scenes of crime fellas said they will burn the old one for us.  #Winning

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 3 2018 6:58 AM

If you are interested in joining then please be aware that we do not use Easy Tees here.

Yes we use a Random Tee format for one of our weekly Order of Merit events but that is it.

We of course use default tees so tiers up to Legend still get that help.

Levelling up and purchasing equipment just to go back and play those easy tees over and over again may be for a lot of clubs, but not us. We see no point as we were all there as hacks a long time ago.

Scoring mid 20s on those tees does not really gain members anything, especicially if you play someone from another club who uses the tips regular.  It ends up a one horse race.

So if you like testing yourself with various green speeds, winds and from the tees your tier is generally supposed to play from, then give us a call.

Cheers

RSS