Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Dec 25 2017 2:09 PM

Having a break from our leagues this week with some fun members events.

Does not let up on the activity here though as we will still go into 2 pages on the leaderboards even with this aforementioned fun stuff.

We have also just finished our threesomes event with around 36, 000 credits to be dished out by our fantastic generous sponsors.

Merry Christmas from all at SEL.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 8:35 PM

Great people always willing to offer help and advice.

Great competitions and tournaments with excellent participation and prizes offered to all levels.

And a great forum.

What more could you want in a Country Club?

You've played in the rest. Now come and play in one of the best.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2017 4:07 PM

From all of us here at SEL have a Merry  Xmas and a safe and happy New year.

Why not make your New Years Resolution to find out what it's like to be a part of the best CC in WGT. Come and join us here at SEL and make 2018 your best year ever. :-)

• pwsf
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:51 AM

Hi. My name is Phil and I am very interested in joining your club. I have a Tour Pro. Level 63. I was a member of a club and they had a few in house tournaments but I am looking for more. 

I have read a few of the posts and your club sounds like a great place to enjoy this fun game. I play on my phone at home and do enjoy playing each week. 

My sign on is pwsf. I have registered for the forum and sent a request for membership. 

I hope I am a good fit for you.  Thanks for your consideration  Phil

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:14 AM

Hi

You joined our forum but it seems you have joined another club.

Unless that's club you were talking about moving from ?

Bubbs

• pwsf
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:32 AM

Hi. I had looked into 2 clubs. Yours and one less advanced but better than my old club. So I will ask for your honest advice. I do enjoy playing. Online with another golfer is harder. It is easier for me to post a round and then compare against another round.  I can then work around my busy schedule.  Your club looks very advanced and I am not too tech savvy. I do like to play a a good number of games a week and my old club did offer much. 

So. Is a Tour Pro level 63 like me a good fit for a complex club like yours. I feel a little out of my depth. Based on your response I can cancel the other less advanced club and join yours. If you think I am a good fit. Thanks. Phil

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 2:25 PM
    Welcome mate.......sorted in the end.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 3:59 PM

Dont feel intimidated Phil mate. You will improve here naturally.

No red tees, all default tees for you as you move on up tiers.

As per forum messages, we have a tips and guides section.

You will be fine, just play and enjoy.

Everyone was in the same boat, all WGT players started somewhere......even mags ;-)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2018 10:33 PM
    Great time to join SEL people. We have a 3 player teams comp starting soon. No better way to have fun than with great competition and plenty of good natured banter.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 6:49 AM

We are now in the midst of dishing out over 36,000 credits worth of sleeves from a threesomes competition.

We have also just finished our SEL Secret Santa where members gifted one another for Christmas presents.

One of our members had also created a "Santas Grotto", like the great WGT 12 days of Christmas, but in house and from that Jure has also created a "relief fund" message center. That entails members being helped with equipment and balls whenever needed from folk who can afford to help out in times of need, or to provide better equipment for our lower tier members, to start them on their merry way.

As well as 100s of sleeves donated throughout the year then it goes to show we are a very friendly caring club.

If you want to come and join in with all this then contact me.

Bubbs

RSS