Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2018 7:23 PM

The practice has begun in earnest. Bring on the World Cup.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Feb 10 2018 5:28 PM

Still the most active and fun Tour going round. Come to SEL, the last CC you will ever have.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 1:44 PM

After we took a pounding in the CC Ashes I wouldn't say no to a few more Aussies jumping in, 2019 is just around the corner.....

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 1:26 PM

Getting some massive numbers in Club comps.  SEL has a dedicated group and participation is high. Regularly hitting 70 plus in out standard club comps. 

If you want fun and a bit of competition the SEL is your CC. 

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 3:37 AM

Have to agree with everything that has been said about SEL, it's more of a family than a club and there's something for everyone.

I did a charity climb last year raising more than £2700 for charity and the club and members played a major part in that, says it all really. You will make friends here that's for sure and there are always people willing to help.

I'm looking forward to playing again when they let me out of the basement

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 6:46 AM

I am looking for  a new club to call home but I am concerned about the number of members from my side of the world. I like playing club members over strangers in WGT land.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 9:35 AM

Wondered where you were Pip.....feeling you locked yourself in ;-)

P.S folks  less than half of our members are from UK.

In fact it's our Aussies friends who are stealing winning the majority of trophys ;-)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 3:33 PM

Below is what i posted on our proboards announcement thread . Of course the numbers increased to nearly 100 when some of our USA friends logged on later, when i was in bed. 

A fantastic number of 80 members have logged onto the forum today, magnificent.

Now it maybe sad but i check this regular, we always have a great number and its something i feel you need to be praised for.

You may get tired of me bleating on about it, but i feel its what makes this club the tops.

So well done everybody, it really does mean a lot. 

Active and friendly is what i always advise folk, we have it in spades here.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 9:59 PM

Tick tock tick tock. Comon World Cup start already. :)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Feb 24 2018 3:02 PM

The Masters at Merion has begun at SEL.  Four rounds at one of WGT's trickiest courses. 80 players took the plunge. Mixed green speeds and winds make for an interesting tournament. We have 4 Majors a year at SEL.  Just one of the many great things about this CC.

RSS