Forums

Help › Forums

Join a Country Club pop-up

Fri, Sep 1 2017 1:30 AM (26 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 12:02 AM

pdb1:
    Thank you Scott I will try and teach myself and all my members how to adblock this . 
    I wouldn't if I were you pdb1. You won't be able to edit your equipment if you do. Unless of course you want to enable and disable AdBlock each time. It's easier just to close the pop up.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 1:40 AM

User's workaround for the first is

- to join a CC

and for the second it is

- to leave your CC.

Your choice! ;)

Faites vos jeux, messieurs dames!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 8:14 AM

ScottHope:
    I have now found the file responsible for this pop up, and if you add it to your Ad Block program, you can stop it from appearing.

Freedom at last! Thank you Scott. I joined a CC to get away from that nasty pop-up and traded it for the even more annoying CC Pass pop-up. Now that I do not belong to a CC again and adding this file to my adblock filter I am totally free from the annoyances.

ScottHope:
    I can't edit my clubs once this file is blocked.

As for editing my equipment. I use Max 5 and it has a time delay before the edit equipment window opens.

Since I use the rock I rarely need to edit my bag anyway.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 9:16 AM

As long as you're happy with that Zio, then I'm happy for you. I was worried that if someone added it to their ad block program, then forgot that it blocked equipment editing too, they might wrongly have a go at WGT for a situation that is down to me. : )

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 4:54 PM

ScottHope:
    Thank you Jim.

Most welcome. Glad it works, even if not quite as elegant as one would hope. 

That was a great discovery on your part. It'll certainly help those who wish to remain solo without aggravation. 

:^)

Well done. 

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 12:58 AM

Cheers Jim. (I was looking for some tee shot images for my one hole feature when I saw the file, then a light bulb came on).  : )

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 4:12 AM

Well done Scott!

Do you have any clue which file is responsible for the "New CC Rewards" pop-up?

RSS