Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #54

Sun, Aug 27 2017 8:06 PM (49 replies)
  • alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 1:29 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Out of idle curiosity almost could a few say team up and bang a beer ball round once or max twice each - thinking 9 or 15 ish players - and get a course builder?........Cost (disregard time bothering just for now) must be significantly lower than the course builder to bother.  Just a thought. Cheers

It's about that, and we've done it several times but not today.

A dozen who play a few free passes may win that coveted 400 cr prize - the only piece of real value in this auction.

7,500 points are 200th, 5,800 points (/us) are 317th, so the limit is somewhere in between. A tad more "enthusiasm" would do (I didn't play).

Concerning the costs, be sure to use freebees or the balls exceed the outcome.

• protocolboy
    2,353 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 10:39 AM

All WGT has to do to move the G's into their own category and increase interest in Clashes for the other CC's ... is add one more "Silly Putter" and another dozen balls to the prizes.

If the top CC got a putter and a dozen balls and #2 got a putter ... and #3 a dozen balls ... and #4 2 sleeves ... there would be a renewed interest in Clashes and competition of a sort would return,

• AlaskanDame
    18,999 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 1:29 PM

pdb1:

Anyway . What is up with those course builders ? The above post is very real . Not a joke . 

Someone please try to explain why this is so important to so many ? 

Just another fun thing that some members enjoy: creating a course with holes from many other courses --- sort of a "best of" something --- and having some variety.  Get tired of same-o, same-o wgt courses, even "best of's".

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 5:38 PM

protocolboy:

All WGT has to do to move the G's into their own category and increase interest in Clashes for the other CC's ... is add one more "Silly Putter" and another dozen balls to the prizes.

If the top CC got a putter and a dozen balls and #2 got a putter ... and #3 a dozen balls ... and #4 2 sleeves ... there would be a renewed interest in Clashes and competition of a sort would return,

Whilst your idea may entice some clubs to play more, I do not see how this would really be an incentive for most.

Maybe the lure of 2nd place vying for the golden putter (which is pretty average by all accounts) will boost playing but the sleeves are simply not enough.

1 dozen balls split over a CC....or even those participating is not enough. Lucky if the participant gets one ball.....of which they would have used more in playing.

And WGT will not want to lose out on revenue........benevolence is not a well practiced at WGT!

Many clubs will not play until skill is the primary factor. Currently it is not, it is volume of play, not quality.

And as for Course Builders, this may interest some, but they are just a rehash of what we have, just in a different order. Personally I would rather play the actual courses.

• gimmeballs
    621 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 6:38 PM

So, this is just a game and one should treat it as such. If one can not win the top prize, play for what makes you happy.

Try this challenge! Make up a club of one and play. I played this clash as such and attained 99th place. Bought 1 pass, and used 5 B-xd's. Yes I had 3 weeks to win superpasses and I did have 10 turf war wins. So NOTHING is possible. 

I'd prefer a purple putter. Lol

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 6:52 PM

alanti:

And WGT will not want to lose out on revenue........benevolence is not a well practiced at WGT!

Many clubs will not play until skill is the primary factor. Currently it is not, it is volume of play, not quality.

And as for Course Builders, this may interest some, but they are just a rehash of what we have, just in a different order. Personally I would rather play the actual courses.

Ideas are in short supply on how to improve revenue with little or no effort on WGT's part. Until they are spoon fed the math, expect no change in the current status of these debacles. Within this community, there are yet some very astute individuals whom I'm sure, could do just that. Problem is, it all seems to fall on deaf ears, therefore, there's no incentive for anyone to make suggestions, or collaborate to come up with a cohesive plan to help. It's been tried, and if not outright ignored, the results have been kept secret. I know of no other gaming site that so blatantly ignores the feedback of it's players and continues to thrive. Just think what it could be if they took into consideration what some of the customer base had to input. Rant over.

Doc :)

RSS