Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #54

Sun, Aug 27 2017 8:06 PM (49 replies)
  • BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 1:18 AM

Georgian has wrecked the competitive spirit of the clashes.  Everything about them makes me feel they are a club that no one should want to be associated with.  What they do in clashes makes totally no sense to me.  With each clash, I just say, what is their point, what are they doing and why.  To me they have hurt the entire feeling of fair play on WGT.  Also I get no feeling at all that Georgian is part of the WGT family of players and country clubs.

I feel there is Georgian and then there is all the other clubs and all the other players.  If a vote was taking almost everyone  on WGT would say, let Georgian play by themselves, so the rest of us could have more fun.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 9:51 AM

In a nutshell - It's on LIFE SUPPORT!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 11:27 AM

BobApollo:
    Georgian has wrecked the competitive spirit of the clashes.

It was set up to reward the most spend as it's key priority.  

The competition that involves a degree of being able to play is elsewhere.

BobApollo:
    I feel there is Georgian and then there is all the other clubs and all the other players. 

The G gear up for this.  Why anyone would is an amazement to me, but many clubs with very good players would not touch this debacle come what may.  Those clubs the G could not hold a candle in any skill based comp don't forget.....

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 3:48 PM

I don't think you can fault a club going wide open to get the putter...maybe when it's all said and done, they're really only spending 20 bucks of credits each for the putter?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 4:24 PM

Jimbog1964:

BobApollo:
    I feel there is Georgian and then there is all the other clubs and all the other players. 

The G gear up for this.  Why anyone would is an amazement to me, but many clubs with very good players would not touch this debacle come what may.  Those clubs the G could not hold a candle in any skill based comp don't forget.....

I totally Agree Jim

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 6:35 PM

MBaggese:

I don't think you can fault a club going wide open to get the putter...maybe when it's all said and done, they're really only spending 20 bucks of credits each for the putter?

250 members x $20 = $5,000

cost of gold putter 400,000 credits ($4000)

$1,000 profit plus all the other passes sold to the umpteen clubs on here. Sounds like business to me. Not saying it is right for the 1 club to dominate, but if they spend the $$$ so be it.

My club of less than 70 members does not require or even request members to play in the clash. What is the use we know we can't compete with clubs 4 times our size, but yet we still end up in the top 250 2 out of 4 times with only a small percentage of members playing (normally 5-9% in any given challenge). I can live with the once a month free course builder.

WGT aint gonna change it no matter how much we gripe. However if they did my thought on making it more competitive would be make all the challenges single play and make it be a weeklong event monthly. I think they could make make more money....errrr I mean get more participation that way.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 6:44 PM

Dead horse, beat it all ya want. Ain't goin' nowhare. Never played one, never will, Total mockery of what it could have been, pfft.

Doc :(

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 7:30 PM

overtheedge:
    In a nutshell - It's on LIFE SUPPORT!

I don't know about that. Maybe the PC version, what with all the perks mobile players are getting.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 11:04 PM

Woodie312:
    250 members x $20 = $5,000

cost of gold putter 400,000 credits ($4000)

$1,000 profit plus all the other passes sold to the umpteen clubs on here. Sounds like business to me.

No offence intended, but this is a dairymaid calculation. Don't put the sales price there but the costs. To me, all of the effort of all the participating CCs are net revenue, minus a few bucks for the tees' and flags' design unless in repeated use.

Woodie312:
    Not saying it is right for the 1 club to dominate, but if they spend the $$ so be it.

To me, they can't be wrong because there's no other way but to play by the rules.They aren't the wreckers of this event but those who show how it's done perfectly.

I acknowledge the organisatory talent and their acting in concert, alas, apart from that, my sentiments aren't envy or admiration, but pity to be the perpetual leaders in worshipping the Golden Calf.

Alas, it's a free country, so be it.

@BobApollo: IMHO, there is no competitive spirit in these events - they are auctions where all pay but only the highest bid "wins".

• HalHoff
    826 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:58 AM

Anyone think that if they continued the every 2 week pattern of clashes....the clash after this one would conflict with Labor Day weekend and participation would be even less than what it is right now? As far as dollars being spent, our club has no clash requirement and still end up in the top 5-10 without even trying. We ask our members to play one free pass in there so they are eligible for the Clash Prize of 4 free passes. Virtually the same exact prize as everyone else playing....including the top 3 finishers. Sorry, ONE individual from each of those clubs gets a sleeve of balls or a dozen balls or a putter. 

If you look a little closer, I don't think clubs are spending much on this event. Playing a few free passes gets you in the top 10 if majority of your club is doing this. There are only 3 or 4 clubs playing in excess of that. For the prize you are playing for....does it really matter?

RSS