Forums

Help › Forums

Missed ball 6x times even with Excellent hit

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:45 PM (8 replies)
  • AlCaponeK
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:02 AM

It happened on this spot http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/67725/Bez_nazvu.JPG_209.03KB.html

The Ocean Course 7th Hole par 5 behind the green

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 12:37 PM

Well, I am sorry that you missed on an "excellent" hit..  That usually happens when you are in mulch, dirt, high weeds etc and you have the wrong club.  Want to miss even better?  Try using your driver on the green... excellent or not, most times the ball never moves.

I would take a look at your replay, but your link looks a bit suspicious to me, so I didn't.  /shrug

Have a nice day.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:33 PM

It was mulch indeed. Al CaponeK, if you use the Search box or click here, you'll get to read lots of threads about hitting ball out of mulch. As to uploading pictures, http://tinypic.com is great: no password or captcha required, no nonsense, just 1 button & you can insert the picture right here into your forum post.

Native-language PS:  Možno by sme mohli zorganizovať nejaký "česko-slovenský Open turnaj", keď Nemci si začali organizovať svoj "German Open"!  

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 8:28 PM

I fill you and it does matter the club.  I think I would know the right club to hit.  But guess not a pw, sw, lw pitch chip or full swing will not do the trick.  I took three shots to go 1 yd from a mulch , 15/20% lie.  This is a real problem.  Right of the green on 7 at Kiawah.  I watched Iconian perfect five from there and the same with smoothswinger.  Somethings wrong when that happens.

• Fowlerthanmost
    32 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 11:49 AM

Would be nice also if the game would allow the player to use a putter when the ball is just 2-3 inches into the first cut greenside. I suffered a missed hit trying to do that and chipping from there always seems to be short or long (mostly short). So I usually go to a short pitch where I seem to have more control. Trial and error I guess.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 12:22 PM

You could have used the putter, Fowler. It only looks like the putter isn't available, but clicking on the button would have activated it. In this way, you can even use the putter from the fairway.

• Fowlerthanmost
    32 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 1:58 PM

Thats what I used. Maybe I should have raised or lowered the dot on the ball to lift or bounce it out of the grass. You tell me, would that work? I even hit it on the excellent mark and it didn't move. ARGH!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 3:17 PM

Ah, OK, it's true that sometimes such a putter shot from off the green fails to move the ball.  

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:45 PM

I totally know what your talking about. You have a pitching wedge, You have about12 yards to hit and the strength is 22. That's about half way on the swing meter, Give or take for green slope, But the damn ball will move 2 yards, Now you can't tell me that's not a glitch. The swing meter glitches on the backswing at least 2 times a round screwing up what could have been a great round and the only thing that suffers because of it is your average. This game needs more servers or something. The volume of people joining is growing daily. It's not my computer either. I have a 1 year old computer with a gig of ram, 160 gig hard drive with vista and IE8. I wonder if vista and/or IE8 could be the problem. A lot of the web isn't geared for either/or. We'll see what happens.

Enjoy fellas.

RSS