Help › Forums

free ball

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:38 PM (26 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 2:47 PM

bobjackson1955:
    cheap basturd's wont give us dad's a free ball.

I would say ,  Happy Mothers day and I sent you a sleeve of Starter balls .

But I am Reformed .

OPY 

• mjeepp83
    264 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:13 PM

how about free rental clubs for the us open??

• mjeepp83
    264 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:13 PM

how about free rental clubs for the us open??

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 9:43 PM

Nobody knows what will be up next year...

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:08 AM

alosso:

Not quite true......bugs that have existed for years will still be here.......new bugs will be introduced.........the same inconsistencies by the mods will be here and a total lack of transparency and disregard for their customers will continue....oh and the Clashes will continue and be despised by many. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:37 AM

Can their game handle more courses.

So could be one in one out again.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:06 AM

alanti:

alosso:

Not quite true......bugs that have existed for years will still be here.......new bugs will be introduced.........the same inconsistencies by the mods will be here and a total lack of transparency and disregard for their customers will continue....oh and the Clashes will continue and be despised by many. 

+1  Right Alan

And they will create a "bug" that the players will get only one ball if they buy three.

Oops, sorry, they allready did.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:47 AM

The OP should request some free grammar lessons for Father's Day instead.  Maybe then, he would know the difference between your and you're, and that not every word ending in S requires an apostrophe.

If he's a dad, I shudder to imagine how poorly educated his children are.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 1:16 PM

MichaelStroke:

The OP should request some free grammar lessons for Father's Day instead.  Maybe then, he would know the difference between your and you're, and that not every word ending in S requires an apostrophe.

That's uncalled for.

That's especially so because the mistyping of some words could simply be the result of muscle memory rather than not knowing the difference between or among the words. In other words, a person is thinking one word but then types another word. Additionally, there are other reasons for making typing mistakes that are not a reflection of one's level of intelligence. Here's a good blog post on that phenomenon:

http://tinyurl.com/yb2h9upy

Regardless, it's a discussion board. I think the rules of grammar and spelling should not be a focus. And even if they are, to bring a person's children into the conversation is bad form (and that's being charitable).

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:38 PM

Robert1893:

MichaelStroke:

That's uncalled for.

That's especially so because the mistyping of some words could simply be the result of muscle memory rather than not knowing the difference between or among the words. In other words, a person is thinking one word but then types another word. Additionally, there are other reasons for making typing mistakes that are not a reflection of one's level of intelligence. Here's a good blog post on that phenomenon:

http://tinyurl.com/yb2h9upy

Regardless, it's a discussion board. I think the rules of grammar and spelling should not be a focus. And even if they are, to bring a person's children into the conversation is bad form (and that's being charitable).

There's a difference between a "typo" and simply not having the proper knowledge.

Also, I find it very called for.  Ignore the fact that his post was simple whining, akin to something today's millennials would write.  If you want to be taken seriously in a text-based forum, then you should be able to come across as reasonably intelligent and well-spoken (not necessarily perfect grammar, but something MUCH better than what he wrote).  Typing like you rode the short bus to school opens you up to legitimate mockery.

RSS