Forums

Help › Forums

Vote to STOP THE ORANGE BANNER

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 25 2017 6:33 PM (39 replies)
  • Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:12 PM

How many players are going to stop playing the round they are in, possibly quitting on a group they are playing with and go straight to their CC to play the newest tournament put up?. I would think there would be very few players that would do that after getting the banner on screen. So it is pointless, but they won't change it now that they have inserted it into the game. So I like your idea of having the option to turn off the notification, but what will the glitch be that comes along with that fix?, probably not even worth hoping for wgt to go that route. Ya I dislike it but it is gonna take them just as long as it took to get rid of the bank that was always "coming soon" and then not at all before they realize almost no one cares about the exact moment a cc tourney is created..

I do appreciate the banner giving notice of the site being shut down for updates, I know some of the players in other countries would like more notice with that ... So they have a decent use for the banner, they just tricked it out in orange to send over information most of us check our cc for anyway.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:43 PM

There's a banner?

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:07 PM

you be quiet...

lol

i no how 2 spel...

:))

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:24 PM

BobApollo:

I am referring to a Orange Banner that will flash now while playing a round, that announces that a new club tournament has been created in the club, where you are member.

The flash banner is distracting, annoying, and 100% unnecessary.

If you agree please add to this forum, hoping that WGT will cease this add-on or give us the option to not see the orange banner flash.

If you like the flash announcement you may also add to the forum.

Clearly I am hoping for more dislikes.

+1

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:37 PM

I find it neither a plus nor a minus for my enjoyment of a round.  If anything it serves to remind me how lucky we are that our good friend the tourney manager is often creating something.

As long as it does not load the game client and have an adverse effect, and I don't see that it has, there are bigger fish to fry, IMO.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,517 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:16 PM

mreddy:

Shows some people have nothing  beeter to do then complain

lol use spell check NBN

You think that's the only misspelling?!

"You actually made a thread about this???

Shows some people have nothing beeter better to do then than complain about new wgt features aimed at improving their game.

This is actually helpful...

It tells the a player(s) a new CC tourny (Most would spell it 'tourney') has been made...

Reminding them to look for it and enticing them to play it.

Maybe some people are just negative all the time.

Hmmm interesting...

For (the) the 5 seconds it pops up????

Really???

Waste of time...

GOOD JOG JOB, WGT!!! 

Thanks for trying to improve the country club experience.

PS

WGT, don't let the bad corrupt u...

What ever Whatever your you're doing, it is to benefit this gaming experience.

I, with others, see that and appreciate it.

NBN"

FIFY, NBN and you don't need to thank me. ;-) Most likely, orthographic errors tend to be typos, not this kind of revelatory mistakes... Just tragic.

P.S.: The OP just expressed his opinion which happens to be different from yours. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean he is being negative or bad as you referred to. Let's see things from the right perspective.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 11:43 PM

My perspective being that if that's all the OP has to complain about then WGT, for all their failings, must be doing a hell of a lot right. I wish people would accept the game as is and make the best of it.

It used to be that on the interweb consideration was given to those whose educational standard was possibly not as high as others, or their command of the written English word perhaps lacking, possibly due to cultural differences. Where is this consideration now? 

This seems to have gone by the board over recent years as more seem to sit on the sidelines, not necessarily contributing to the actual substance of the thread but rather nitpick over typos or grammatical errors. The ironic thing being that many of these English 'vultures' exhibit the same characteristics they complain about in others posts. Stones and glass houses, pot and kettle comes to mind.

• bgtyhn1
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 12:59 AM

I vote to stop other players from changing post of new players.

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 4:55 AM

LOL

I rushed through this one...

too funny..

:))

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 5:43 AM

+1 Simon, well said.

The only complaints I see in here are the people who don't agree that the banner should be removed or at the very least tweaked, or that don't see it as a big deal.  

If it came up when you weren't playing a round that'd be better.  Perhaps an option to turn it off would be best to accommodate all.

Anything the game client is doing / has to do while playing your shot -- other than playing your shot could adversely affect the shot.  It shouldn't come up while playing a round.

If it was in big block letters in the middle of the fairway would that be ok -- Its only for a few seconds who cares...

I can't think of another game that has popups that don't have anything to do with that game appear while playing...not one.  Anyone else?

RSS