Forums

Help › Forums

Almost ridiculous at times.

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 30 2017 9:47 AM (24 replies)
  • HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 12:49 AM

WGTdoes a bit of leading, by the nose. Just read these forums.

• Robert1893
    7,669 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 7:03 AM

HandyMcNab:
    All these solutions do not tackle the fact that it only happens on important shots or when you are doing far to well for your level of play.

Classic confirmation bias.

HandyMcNab:
    if you read my piece carefully I never in fact complained about bad shots I was complaining  about what should have been good shots

Well. there's a distinction without a difference. They're not bad shots; they're shots that should have been good! 

HandyMcNab:
    I am obviously way below the average in mental capacity on this forum

Yes, we clearly misread, didn't reed clearly enough, or were unable to comprehend. Apparently, our mental capacity is even lower than your own.  

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 7:54 AM

Robert1893:

HandyMcNab:
    All these solutions do not tackle the fact that it only happens on important shots or when you are doing far to well for your level of play.

Classic confirmation bias.

HandyMcNab:
    if you read my piece carefully I never in fact complained about bad shots I was complaining  about what should have been good shots

Well. there's a distinction without a difference. They're not bad shots; they're shots that should have been good! 

HandyMcNab:
    I am obviously way below the average in mental capacity on this forum

Yes, we clearly misread, didn't reed clearly enough, or were unable to comprehend. Apparently, our mental capacity is even lower than your own.  

+1

The OP has lost me a bit with his position. WGT is like any other hobby. A person gets out what he/she puts in. If you invest in decent equipment and put in the time to practice, many of the bad shots will disappear. End of.

Mental capacity?...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 9:31 AM

HandyMcNab:
    I was merely saying what form of the game I would prefer.

You would need the game to read your mind and put the ball where you would like it to go.

This game however only puts the ball where you hit it, not unlike golf.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 9:47 AM

HandyMcNab:

This is because they have paid money and continue to do so. How many top players are there using starter clubs?

You are at level 80, which means you are around 80K to 90K in XP's from level 85.  Compare the specs between your starter irons and any of the irons including the level 85 Callys.  There is a huge difference in precision, forgiveness, and spin.

Now use the search box and look up how precision and forgiveness work.  They are designed to build variation into the game, just like in real life.  No golfer has a perfect result every time with every shot and club.  Same thing here, Otherwise people eventually get bored with it and leave because there was no challenge..

The starter irons are 0.5 precision compared to the L85 Callys having 4.5 precision.  The spin is 3.5 compared to 0.5.  Do you expect your starter irons to play as well as the Callys?  To stop the ball on a dime and give a nickel in change?  The top level clubs are even better than those L85 irons.

WGT says you can play for free.  That's true.  It doesn't say you can play well with the free stuff.  Yet by your post that's what you appear to be saying, that even though you hit a "perfect" shot, you got bad results.  It's called variance.  

You have options, just like anyone who plays here.  Either get better clubs, or learn to live with your results.  Or quit and go do something else.  But you seem to think that your "perfect shots" should give you perfect results every time and that's not going to happen.

good luck,

phred952 

RSS