Help › Forums

Almost ridiculous at times.

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 30 2017 9:47 AM (24 replies)
  • HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 2:38 AM

I find the game almost ridiculous now.

I would be prepared to save my pension pennies and buy the game with a couple of courses, slightly longer wooded set of clubs to the ordinary with a bit more stop on the short irons. Then remove all the nonsense  necessary to make the competitive online game make money for them part of which I believe is the violent stuttering of the meter when things are going too well.

I realise I am not an expert as no doubt numerous people will love telling me having researched my scores etc. I play for fun and it is no fun playing when you have no idea what is going to happen from shot to shot.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2017 8:34 AM

HandyMcNab:
    Then remove all the nonsense  necessary to make the competitive online game make money for them part of which I believe is the violent stuttering of the meter when things are going too well.

People believe all sorts of nonsense but the truth is out there.

Type 'smooth meter' in forum search box and all will be revealed.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2017 9:51 AM

" I play for fun and it is no fun playing when you have no idea what is going to happen from shot to shot."

Starter equipment is notoriously fickle. Although the game is technically free, to help achieve lower scores and consistency with your shots, you pretty much have to upgrade your kit.  As far as the stuttering meter; check out different browsers and ensure your cache is cleared, etc.

my .02

ct

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2017 8:57 PM

Not so many experts replying this time!

There are always a few.

Thank you for your suggestions. In real life the best equipment in the world will not make a hack a scratch player. I was merely saying that I personally would prefer a game where the reaction to what you are doing is always the same and therefore the game were a little more reliant on a modicum of skill than the depths of ones pocket.

Regarding the meter mine funnily never stutters on a third putt for instance! So to infer that it has something to do with my computer seems strange. Also I wonder if there is something wrong with my computer how miraculously I am able to go round the Royal and Ancient in under par. Putts sailing in from all over the place, never going anywhere near the fescue. Strange is it not. Maybe my computer was just having a good hour that day!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 6:02 AM

HandyMcNab:

Not so many experts replying this time!

There are always a few.

Thank you for your suggestions. In real life the best equipment in the world will not make a hack a scratch player. I was merely saying that I personally would prefer a game where the reaction to what you are doing is always the same and therefore the game were a little more reliant on a modicum of skill than the depths of ones pocket.

Regarding the meter mine funnily never stutters on a third putt for instance! So to infer that it has something to do with my computer seems strange. Also I wonder if there is something wrong with my computer how miraculously I am able to go round the Royal and Ancient in under par. Putts sailing in from all over the place, never going anywhere near the fescue. Strange is it not. Maybe my computer was just having a good hour that day!

1. If you post in the public arena...of course people will respond. 

2. Practice will make you better...but better equipment also helps. Thats why the top players don't use walmart clubs.

3. I did not not suggest you had a comp problem. I suggested you try a different browser.

ct

RSS