Forums

Help › Forums

gimmie

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:27 AM (8 replies)
  • PaulPierce3469
    10 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 9:37 PM

i think that if you hit the ball within 2 feet it should be a gimmie and then a reply then go to the next person theres to many shots being missed 2-3 feet away

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 10:50 PM

It really would speed up play...alot. This should be on option in multiplay only and should be set on or off by the host.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 4:19 AM

I have seen (and had) quite a few missed two foot putts.

There is no such thing as a gimmie in stroke play and there is no sudh thing as a mulligan anywhere.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 4:53 AM

gimme should be an option in a practice round. 2ft sounds good...i miss 1/2 my 4ft putts, so i think ranked rounds should be played out for every stroke.

• BigBear2771
    9 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 6:45 PM

Generally, in a real life round, a gimme is 3'. It's not often any player misses a 2 footer in this game but I think you still have to try it. A gimme or tap-in from 1' or 2' away is a good idea here. Slows up my game, too.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 9:23 PM

I had asked for "gimmies" about 8 or 9 months ago, and was told by WGTAlex:

Hi Snaike, thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, this is not something we would consider doing. We think "gimmies" tend to take some measure of realism out of the game, and given the number of higher priority items on our development list, it is not something we plan to consider.

Key words there.. . "not something we would consider".... said twice for emphasis.

So, don't hold your breath.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 3:41 AM

danohi50:
    This should be on option in multiplay only and should be set on or off by the host.

I agree with this. Generally, though, I'm against gimmies. I've seen huge numbers of sub-2ft putts missed on Bethpage, hole 15, for example.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 12:01 AM

The green on 15 at "Page" is an abborition to the great ghost of golf I.E. Bobby Jones and should be bulldozed and rebuilt by the town drunk...with a shovel and tell him to build it flat!!!

• PGOODY
    40 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:27 AM

I like anything within 1 foot can be a gimmie, and maybe just make it a multiplayer only option.

RSS