Courses you see from PC

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 15 2017 7:36 PM (21 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:10 PM

pdb1:
    Are you kidding me ?

No, I'm not kidding. Trust me, when I'm kidding, I"m a lot funnier than this! :-)

I don't play the PC/web version consistently enough, so the easiest way for me to know is to ask. All of my ranked rounds have been played on an iPad. Now, I have played a few practice rounds online, and I just haven't seen big differences on some of the stuff you mentioned.

For example, there's a decent mini map on the mobile version. And I've never noticed any real differences in the camera views that are offered. Additionally, I've never thought that higher precision shots can be made on the PC, even with a bigger monitor as opposed to the iPad. At least, I haven't had problems with that aspect of the game on the iPad. Even so, I'll admit that the biggest monitor that I tried playing it on was a 24 inch. How big of a monitor are you using?

Yes, mouse precision helps with hitting the ding on the PC version. I'll grant you that. Hitting the ding on the iPad is more difficult. But the forgiveness of the clubs on drives and approaches is better or more forgiving on the mobile. Nevertheless, the information regarding green speeds and direction are much better on the PC. As someone once noted, if they could make their drives and approaches on the mobile version and then be able to easily switch to the PC to putt that would be ideal. :-)

Regardless, I'm not asking you to convince me. I just wanted to know why you claimed that the mobile is "very crude and primitive." I simply don't agree.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:11 PM

borntobesting:
    There are actually more features on IOS that aren't on the web version than the other way around,

Also, there's the ability to play left handed on the mobile.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:21 PM

pdb1:

borntobesting:

There are actually more features on IOS that aren't on the web version than the other way around, One is the approach grid. On the web version we have to use either the pitch or chip view to get the same results. And if you forget to change back then to make a poor shot.

The other is something that many many of us have almost begged for. The ability to share scorecards.

And many of the features on the web version were on both mobile versions first. 

I don't think that it is possible that anything was available on mobile before PC .

We / PC users have had the grid view for years longer . It is called PIP animation and is in your game setting options . It is the replacement for pitch and chip settings . 

borntobesting:
    And many of the features on the web version were on both mobile versions first.

Like what ? 

The wind range, left handed play which still isn't on the web, there are others but those 2 stick out in my mind. And there is no approach grid on the web game! We have to improvise with the pitch or chip shot type.

The approach grid is much better as there is no switching from pitch or chip shot type back to full or what other shot type you are using. You just line up your shot with the approach grid and hit the shot. I have asked many times for the approach grid to be added to the web version since they put in in the mobile game about a year ago. I have to say I prefer the web game because of screen size but the mobile version is every bit as good otherwise.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 7:57 AM

pdb1:
    And the quality will get increasingly better all the time

No doubt about that. And judging from the all the comments that I've seen regarding the meter on the PC version, the meter on the mobile is far superior. I've rarely, if ever at all, had any issues with the meter on the mobile.

Bottom line is that they both have advantages and disadvantages. Overall, the edge goes to the PC version. But, in my opinion, it's not as if the PC version is (metaphorically) miles ahead of the mobile version.

One huge advantage the PC version has is the ability to save a shot. The iOS version used to have that option. But a while back with one of the updates, it stopped working with the mobile platform. That was a bummer. Not too long after that I got my first hole-in-one. But there was no way to save the shot.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:42 PM

pdb1:

I'm pretty sure you can still get some awesome replays on the mobile version to ever play

Hi Borntobesting,

We are no longer using the service that hosted these mobile replays. We are looking into other options for replays but so far no news on what this would be or when it would be implemented. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow 

He didn't say why they stopped using Every Play but I assumed that they were having to pay for the service and it was costing more than they were willing to pay.. 

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 2:36 PM

pdb1:
    I'm pretty sure you can still get some awesome replays on the mobile version to ever play

Nope. When WGT did an update of the app back in November, it was no longer compatible and removed. At that time, I sent WGT an email asking about it; here is their response:

Dear Robert,

Unfortunately, due to our recent system upgrade and game updates, Everplay [sic] no longer works with our platform and we have removed this functionality moving forward. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in this regard. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

RSS